Raiders acquire WR Antonio Brown for a 3rd and 5th pick

agarcia34

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

If we trade down from first or second, and get back 3rd ill hate this deal less but don't discount it was high 3rd basically late 2nd. 

And late 4th early 5th. 

Still need young wr

I hate when people do this. No it's not "basically a late 2nd" It's a 3rd round pick. 

WR draft class is great. They will take 1 in the top 35 to pair with AB imo

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I hate when people do this. No it's not "basically a late 2nd" It's a 3rd round pick. 

K'Neal Harry could be a prime candidate now,  since we have killer speed at X.

Harry could play the Z and the slot like Jordy and he could also learn a lot from him. After 2019 he could take over and be a strong #2 to AB.

• Like 2

If the Raiders do not put Brown in the slot they’re using him wrong and not getting the best out of him. With A WR like him you don’t want to limit him by just being outside where you can only run a certain amount of routes. In the slot all the routes are open and you’re opening up the field to him so he can use his quickness and speed. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Rolni said:

K'Neal Harry could be a prime candidate now,  since we have killer speed at X.

Harry could play the Z and the slot like Jordy and he could also learn a lot from him. After 2019 he could take over and be a strong #2 to AB.

I hope ur right. I want harry bad. If we get harry I'm happy.

• Like 1

To me, this almost solidifies the fact that we get an OL with one of our top 4 picks. We have some top needs, but having Brown and Nelson (who now won't be double covered on every play) affords us some leniency that we don't need to draft a high WR, we can wait and pick a project with high potential later in the draft.  I still cant forget how fast Carr had to get rid of the ball at times. It was just sad.

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

a 3rd and a 5th is peanuts, only because we have 4 picks in the top 35. If we're going by draft value, it'd be pretty easy to recoupe those picks considering the ammo we have. 

I was talking about the cap hold for our draft picks.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Lets just draft all offense, defense is for suckers, Gunther will figure it out.

11 minutes ago, NickButera said:

To me, this almost solidifies the fact that we get an OL with one of our top 4 picks. We have some top needs, but having Brown and Nelson (who now won't be double covered on every play) affords us some leniency that we don't need to draft a high WR, we can wait and pick a project with high potential later in the draft.  I still cant forget how fast Carr had to get rid of the ball at times. It was just sad.

OG to replace Osemele. Cody Ford or Garrett Bradbury

6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What a boring life you live.

I just want the team to build a long-term winner. We won 12 games 3 years ago and then fell off because our roster wasn't built to sustain success. What crap team has built around older skill position players and became a contender? 

Gruden still thinks you can win with old WR's because he won with a 35-year-old Tim Brown and a 40-year-old Jerry Rice.

21 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I think it depends on what we do with Osemele. I could still see us taking a skill position guy early, but I'm praying that we finally add some young talent to our defense.

26 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Unless KO gets cut there is not a snowballs chance in hell that thet spend one of the top 35 picks on the OL.