Raiders acquire WR Antonio Brown for a 3rd and 5th pick

agarcia34

We kept our draft haul so I'm good with this move. Not a fan of the pearl-clutching in a lot of circles either. Don't think for a second any of these character concerns would have kept him from still being on the Steelers if the relationship with Ben was good. 

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Brown worked the system.  He really pissed them off.  Only real benefit in the trade for Pitt was getting him out of the building.   He is our headache now.  Hope Carr realizes he needs to get him 150 targets a season or the situation will turn bad real quick.  More of a reason to draft White now.  AB acts up Carr can just throw a high pass over the middle at practice.

There are definitely some concerns about AB when it comes to his attitude, but there are none when it comes to his work ethic and his ability on the field. And as good as Big Ben is, he definitely has some issues when it comes to throwing teammates under the bus. DC couldnt be more of the opposite. The first time DC calls our AB publically will be the first time hes done it with anyone. This also says to me that the front office truly believes Carr is our guy. That could obviously change, but I think hes the guy for next year and beyond unless he completely fails. Thats the right move IMO. We still have 4 picks in the first 35 to add hopefully 4 quality starters if we hit on our picks. Not to mention an additional 2 firsts next year. A third and a fifth is absolutely nothing for a guy ABs caliber. Gruden has also shown a lengtht history of wideouts being insanely productive into their late 30s. ABs game built on being shifty, incredible routes, and knowledge of coverage could age really well. Hes never been a burner. And even if he loses a step or two he can still be a great WR working the short and intermediate parts of the field. Carr needs playmakers, there are none better than Brown. That's worth the risk. And the contract really isnt terrible either. We should still be able to land a couole quality players in free agency. We got a star. Thats the bottom line. We are a better, more talented team with possibly the best WR in the game on our team. I would kick the tires on Bell too, hes one of, if not the best backs in the league and an offense built around both of those guys can clearly be amongst the best in the NFL. But even if we dont thi class is deep at WR, we could go defense heavy in the first and still come out with a quality starter to play opposite Brown. I'd look to bring back Cook, go defense in the first, and tske the best big bodied guy at wideout in the second. Its a good day for Gruden, it looks like he might actually have a long term plan. Sure it shipped out a guy like Mack that will always sting, but losing Cooper doesnt really hurt at all now, even if hes younger hes an inferior player overall by a pretty decent margin. Gruden likes his vets but maybe hes lesrned that vets can be a big part of your team and system but you cant go overboard with it, you have to have youth being developed in the wings. Its a good day for Mayock who knows how big of a role he played, but his first move is still getting the best WR in the league for a third and fifth round pick. Thats a win. Its a good day for the Raider Nation as a whole.