My 2019 Offseason Prediction

DER10N92

These are always fun to read and see what everyone's opinions/guesses will be so ill throw one together as well!

What We Know:

OL Spencer Long - Signed

DT Jordan Phillips / LB Lorenzo Alexander / LB Deon Lacey / CB Lafayette Pitts - Resigned

TE Charles Clay - Released

Cuts To Come:

OL Vladamir Duccasse

RB Chris Ivory

***I personally think Duccasse is just horrible and have wanted him gone since the day he joined the team. And as far as Ivory, I like what he can do but feel we will go younger at the position instead of having two RB's in their 30's***

Re-Signed:

TE Logan Thomas

OL Ryan Groy

OL Jordan Mills

OL John Miller

***Call me crazy, but even giving these guys low level deals as depth players will be big. They know the system which will help new guys/rookies learn the system. Especially Groy, he is only one year removed from having a pretty decent season after taking over when Wood got injured.***

Free Agent Signings:

OL Matt Paradis - 3 years $30m - The popular vote. Becomes the anchor for the center of our OL.

WR John Brown - 3 years $25m - Veteran presence. Lost out on him last offseason, this year we get our guy. 

TE Jesse James - 3 years $12m - Provides a nice threat to go with Croom/rookie.

OL Daryl Williams - 4 years $32m - Our man to hold down the right side of the OL. 

LB Anthony Barr - 5 years $70m - This right here will be huge for us. We will be able to use him for his full potential. Not only as a linebacker but also as a pass rusher. 

CB Jason Verrett - 1 year $5m - Pretty much an incentive based prove it deal. The guy has skill and his still young but plagued by injuries for two years. Give him a chance.

Draft:

1st Round (9) - WR D.K Metcalf, Ole Miss

2nd Round (40) - OL Garrett Bradbury, NC State

3rd Round (74) - OL Chris Lindstrom, Boston College

4th Round (112) - CB Jamel Dean, Auburn

4th Round (131) - DL Demarcus Christmas, Florida St.

5th Round (147) - TE Zach Gentry, Michigan

5th Round (158) - DL Shareef Miller, Penn St.

6th Round (181) - QB Trace McSorely, Penn St.

7th Round (225) - RB Qadree Ollison , Pitt

7th Round (228) - WR Jazz Ferguson, Northwestern

Our 2nd and 3rd round picks likely go in the first. Value is off there big time.

Beane has all but said Groy, Mills and Miller are gonners. Each of them likely gets "overpaid" on the market because some team will see them as a starter or first backup. I think the almost trade for AB and rumours about other wideouts should tell us all we need to know about how the Bills feel about this WR class at the top.

I also see Paradis becoming the highest paid C on the open market. I don't want any part in paying a 4-3 SLB 14 mil per year. 

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Our 2nd and 3rd round picks likely go in the first. Value is off there big time.

Beane has all but said Groy, Mills and Miller are gonners. Each of them likely gets "overpaid" on the market because some team will see them as a starter or first backup. I think the almost trade for AB and rumours about other wideouts should tell us all we need to know about how the Bills feel about this WR class at the top.

I also see Paradis becoming the highest paid C on the open market. I don't want any part in paying a 4-3 SLB 14 mil per year. 

I disagree, trying to get AB doesn't imply Beane doesn't like the WR at top of draft.

The value is off on first couple of picks

22 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I think going after AB was more of a sign that the bills think the free agent market of Wr arent what they are looking for more so then the draft. Unfortunately the bills chances are slim to land metcalf and even if they do have a shot do they really want to take him. Watkins was out most of his time in buffalo do they want to see another 1st rd pick wasted on a guy who has missed 21 college games in his 3 year career at Ole Miss? Not to mention one injury was a serious neck one which reminds me of Aaron Williams and Eric Wood essentially both had to retire because of neck injuries

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

I think going after AB was more of a sign that the bills think the free agent market of Wr arent what they are looking for more so then the draft. Unfortunately the bills chances are slim to land metcalf and even if they do have a shot do they really want to take him. Watkins was out most of his time in buffalo do they want to see another 1st rd pick wasted on a guy who has missed 21 college games in his 3 year career at Ole Miss? Not to mention one injury was a serious neck one which reminds me of Aaron Williams and Eric Wood essentially both had to retire because of neck injuries

We'll have to see where they target wideouts.

As for the Metcalf and Sammy comparison, I don't see it. Watkins issues were always soft tissue (minus the broken foot) and him not being tough enough to play through it. Metcalf injury is more similar to Mike Williams of the Chargers and what he suffered at Clemson. Of course the Bills aren't just going to draft Metcalf without having him do a physical or without the DR's signing off on him so his injury should be pretty black and white. Either he's good to go, or he isn't and would be off the Bills board. 

15 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

We'll have to see where they target wideouts.

As for the Metcalf and Sammy comparison, I don't see it. Watkins issues were always soft tissue (minus the broken foot) and him not being tough enough to play through it. Metcalf injury is more similar to Mike Williams of the Chargers and what he suffered at Clemson. Of course the Bills aren't just going to draft Metcalf without having him do a physical or without the DR's signing off on him so his injury should be pretty black and white. Either he's good to go, or he isn't and would be off the Bills board. 

Im comparing him to watkins because it was a 1st rd pick and he missed a ton of games which is something i do not want. Its not really black and white because Aaron Williams neck injury was said to be good to go and then he reinjured it and was done with his career. The risk is going to be much higher then a healthy wr which the bills cant afford to spend a top 10 pick after giving up so much for watkins, as a fan i do not want to see it happening again and be the bills downfall. I just want the bills to find a healthy wr who can be reliable and this guy concerns me with him being the #9 pick in the draft. Essentially saying he is going to be the #1 wr on this team moving forward and if something happens with his neck or having another injury as he is injury prone would be a massive blow to an offense that is in full rebuild.

2 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Im comparing him to watkins because it was a 1st rd pick and he missed a ton of games which is something i do not want. Its not really black and white because Aaron Williams neck injury was said to be good to go and then he reinjured it and was done with his career. The risk is going to be much higher then a healthy wr which the bills cant afford to spend a top 10 pick after giving up so much for watkins, as a fan i do not want to see it happening again and be the bills downfall. I just want the bills to find a healthy wr who can be reliable and this guy concerns me with him being the #9 pick in the draft. Essentially saying he is going to be the #1 wr on this team moving forward and if something happens with his neck or having another injury as he is injury prone would be a massive blow to an offense that is in full rebuild.

Aaron Williams only reinjured because he was on the wrong end of a cheap shot. 

Again, soft tissue injuries are much different then ones where you can get surgery and truly rehabilitate. Mectalf had zero issue come up at the combine (at least that were reported) and appears to be fully cleared. He is no more of an injury risk then any other wideout. 

Also he wouldn't be the number one if drafted, he would play at X and get his deep shots and some redzone work. I don't think the Bills are interested in him anyway because of Foster. I see them adding a guy in the 3rd or 4th to work behind Foster, assuming they grab a slot in free agency.

Archived