antonio brown out of the division

mistakey

47 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Man he owned the Browns his entire career and that was also with a prime Joe Haden too SMH. 

Now hopefully JuJu declines as a WR because he is forced to be the #1 Instead if the #2. 

Don’t count on it.

Whether it was Ward, Plaxico, Brown, etc. Ben has always found someone to make look good.

JuJu is gonna have a monster year.

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Don’t count on it.

Whether it was Ward, Plaxico, Brown, etc. Ben has always found someone to make look good.

forgot about mike wallace remember when he was good in PIT

38 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Don’t count on it.

Idk. The Steelers were always able to phase out a WR who was on the decline. They seemed like they were always able to restock before the talent was gone at the position. Now this puts them in uncharted territory. For WRs they had Brown and juju playing at a high level and prolly thought they could have that level for a couple more years. This forces everything to happen quicker. Two TE and a RB had more yards than their 3rd WR last year. Switlzer and Washington don’t seem that special to be #2 type WRs next year. They either need to sign one of the better WRs on the market or draft one high (please god don’t be Isabella or Butler). 

20 minutes ago, mistakey said:

forgot about mike wallace remember when he was good in PIT

Going from my other post. Just looking back at pit. They always had time to draft a WR develop them, and then chop the old vet. 

That prolly could have been their plan with Washington. When he was ready, they would get  rid of brown then. Now it forces the likes of Washington to really step his game up earlier than expected. 

When brown was ready for the lime light they light Sanders go, when Sanders was ready they let Wallace go, also at that time they had better depth and legit TE. I don’t see the Steelers currently having that kind of depth at the position they are use too. Also hope this is the season BigBen fully breaks down

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, Ben may shirk some responsibly, but let’s look at the other side of the coin here.

Brown played for a team who consistently went deep in the playoffs, had a HOF bound QB feeding him the ball and putting up ungodly numbers while being one of if not the highest paid receivers in the league.

If you aren’t satisfied with that....

...And had a QB who blamed him TO THE MEDIA for his own mistakes, saying he is allowed to do that whenever he wants.

If you're satisfied with that...

1 minute ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

...And had a QB who blamed him TO THE MEDIA for his own mistakes, saying he is allowed to do that whenever he wants.

If you're satisfied with that...

Do you like every coworker you have?  

Would you leave a job because you didn’t get along with one coworker?

A job where you’re about as successful and well compensated as possible?

4 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

So, I guess Buffalo was willing to to swap 1st rounders (#9 for #20) before AB blew it up.

Also, New England offered a 2nd and a 4th, but Pitt refused to trade him to NE.

Those NE picks wouldn’t be much better than the ones the Raiders are giving them though.

6 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

So, I guess Buffalo was willing to to swap 1st rounders (#9 for #20) before AB blew it up.

Well, I'm definitely glad AB put an end to that Buffalo deal. xD

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

I don't know which is the better deal the Buffalo pick or the Raiders. I'm thinking I would have moved up in the first round. Maybe have Buffalo add a 6th.

No way is Pitt making that trade with NE, I'm sure they have some idea they will be playing them in the playoffs this year.

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

TBH, I don't blame them for saying no for a few reasons:

*The difference between a NE 2nd and 4th and an Oakland 3rd and 5th isn't very big

*New England as the heir apparent and main competitor would make them have to REALLY pony up IMO if I'm not a rebuilding team

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Do you like every coworker you have?  

No. And I'm pretty sure AB wasn't too fond of Tomlin, but you don't see me citing him as the reason for his departure.

Would you leave a job because you didn’t get along with one coworker?

A job where you’re about as successful and well compensated as possible?

Yes. Especially with a mindset along the lines of "things can always be better."

I think you're underselling just how ridiculous this "one coworker"  was by essentially telling the entire world that something was your fault, and telling everyone that he's allowed to say that, when in reality it was irrational to blame you for that in the first place. 

You're asking an NFL wide receiver, the best in football, to suck it up after THAT? 

That's only one example too. It's been going on, remember all the talk of the "wifi connection" between them all season?

Look, I'm not saying I agree with his antics, but what Ben did was outrageous and by no means should he be free of blame here.

7 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

No. And I'm pretty sure AB wasn't too fond of Tomlin, but you don't see me citing him as the reason for his departure.

Yes. Especially with a mindset along the lines of "things can always be better."

I think you're underselling just how ridiculous this "one coworker"  was by essentially telling the entire world that something was your fault, and telling everyone that he's allowed to say that, when in reality it was irrational to blame you for that in the first place. 

You're asking an NFL wide receiver, the best in football, to suck it up after THAT? 

That's only one example too. It's been going on, remember all the talk of the "wifi connection" between them all season?

Look, I'm not saying I agree with his antics, but what Ben did was outrageous and by no means should he be free of blame here.

No one is saying Ben is free of blame broseph.

The kids call that a straw man argument.

I’m just saying the grass ain’t always greener.

Archived