Free Agency Thread

Billsfaninptown

Bills are High on Daryl Williams, Matt Paradis, and Jesse James...Other then those rumors which might not be true are the only things I heard so far. Beane McDermott have been quiet since coming to Buffalo, we havent heard any deals or moves until after the fact. AB wasnt even on our radar until it was leaked after they couldnt agree to a new contract. So they are very tight lipped and I doubt we would get any thing out of it until an agreement is made between players and the organization.

10 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I mean Zay should be in the slot... we need an outside receiver 

He hasn't been reliable enough. I am hoping for a big leap in year 3 but I would still grab any of the guys I listed. Humphries for sure. 

Double edit: Also on a number of his big plays Zay was lined up as a Z. This came after Benjamin was cut and Foster took over the X spot. Zay went to Z and McKenzie got some work in the slot. 

Edited by Trentwannabe

53 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Mike Garafolo said the Bills will be in on the slot position in free agency which is very strong.

Golden Tate
Adam Humphries
Cole Beasley
Jamison Crowder

to name a few.

41 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

He hasn't been reliable enough. I am hoping for a big leap in year 3 but I would still grab any of the guys I listed. Humphries for sure. 

Double edit: Also on a number of his big plays Zay was lined up as a Z. This came after Benjamin was cut and Foster took over the X spot. Zay went to Z and McKenzie got some work in the slot. 

I love Tate's consistency, but give me Humphries. This is a move to ensure something longer term for Josh to gel with. Tate is thicker and can absorb hits better, but Humphries has also not shied away from working the middle and pops right back up after getting hit. In addition, Humphries is a Welker/Amandola/Edelman clone. I believe if we don't go after him, we will likely face him 2 times a year anyway. Finally, I wouldn't be totally surprised if Zay is gone 2-3 years from now. Year 3 is when I typically believe most receivers finally get it and that would be this coming season, but he has been so wildly inconsistent, I'm not positive the growth will happen.

Edited by Yibbyl
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

I love Tate's consistency, but give me Humphries. This is a move to ensure something longer term for Josh to gel with. Tate is thicker and can absorb hits better, but Humphries has also not shied away from working the middle and pops right back up after getting hit. In addition, Humphries is a Welker/Amandola/Edelman clone. I believe if we don't go after him, we will likely face him 2 times a year anyway. Finally, I wouldn't be totally surprised if Zay is gone 2-3 years from now. Year 3 is when I typically believe most receivers finally get it and that would be this coming season, but he has been so wildly inconsistent, I'm not positive the growth will happen.

At 10+ mil I would not want to have Humphries. Dont think he is worth it.Paying slot receivers and slot corners seem to be silly but then again im not really sure how daboll is with his offense on whether this would be a smart move or not. Im open to landing a slot wr just dont want 8 figures for it.

18 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I heard on the radio that Trent Brown could be our prime target. I really hope this isn’t true. Seems like this is just a hunch by the media.

Someone wrote an article of the bills being aggressive with the oline by signing the following people Trent Brown to be LT at 14 mil a year, pushing Dion Dawkins to LG, Paradis 10-11 mil per year, Spencer long RG, and paying Daryl Williams 11-12 mil a year to play RT. Investing 37 million of the 75 mil they have on oline. All deals were between 3-4 years so when Allen hits year 5 they will hope to have built up capable players through draft to fill in for those olineman they are paying now. Im not a huge fan of trent brown and would prefer to keep dawkins at LT and sign Saffold but to think that this can be a possibility is exciting because its a completely revamped oline, bills would still have a ton of cap this year and next year to be very aggressive again without having any issues with the cap. They would have 90 mil in space next year after these signings for the oline. 

5 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Someone wrote an article of the bills being aggressive with the oline by signing the following people Trent Brown to be LT at 14 mil a year, pushing Dion Dawkins to LG, Paradis 10-11 mil per year, Spencer long RG, and paying Daryl Williams 11-12 mil a year to play RT. Investing 37 million of the 75 mil they have on oline. All deals were between 3-4 years so when Allen hits year 5 they will hope to have built up capable players through draft to fill in for those olineman they are paying now. Im not a huge fan of trent brown and would prefer to keep dawkins at LT and sign Saffold but to think that this can be a possibility is exciting because its a completely revamped oline, bills would still have a ton of cap this year and next year to be very aggressive again without having any issues with the cap. They would have 90 mil in space next year after these signings for the oline. 

Here's my thing on Dion Dawkins, you can keep him at LT an get average to slightly above average (let's be real with our players) or move him to Guard and get potentially PB level play?

10 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Here's my thing on Dion Dawkins, you can keep him at LT an get average to slightly above average (let's be real with our players) or move him to Guard and get potentially PB level play?

With Dawkins I think it has something to do more so of finding a player who is known to be at minimum: slightly above average player at the LT position. I am not sold on Jonah Williams being an instant LT starter for the bills over Dawkins nor can we count on him being there at 9 with 8 teams ahead of them who may need a Tackle. I think he is a decent player and kind of in the same situation as Dawkins as per your comment he is average to slightly average, he has some good qualities but also he has some weaknesses, one is arm spand and how quickly he gets ran over at times. I also think being a school with 5 star olineman around him elevated his playing at the college level. Also with no experience at the pro level which is concerning to me at drafting him. If they bring in a guy who is a probowl caliber player lets say Saffold to be LG then I think that will elevate Dawkins to be above average at the LT position. If they think that Trent Brown is far greater then Dawkins then get brown and put Dion at LG, my concerns are he is an overrated OT who was traded for a 5th rd pick and had equal if not less performance then Dion has had in their career. Taylor is more of a RT at the NFL level and I do not see another OT in the draft that can be an instant starter at the blindside position over Dawkins. Bills have some flexibility as to what they can do with Dawkins but they have to make sure the move is correct because if it isnt then Allen could be running for his life next year and the bills will have a massive mistake on their hands

27 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Kwon Alexander texted his teammates saying he'll miss them. Not exactly sure where he would fit in the Bills LB corps but he did play well under Fraizer in his rookie season. 

He is seeking 12-14 mil and will likely be a MLB, with that said and his injury he had sustained I would much rather pay for Barr's services over his own. Also Jets and colts are said to be high on him so there may be a bidding war for Kwon.