Free Agency Thread

Billsfaninptown

I'm not convinced WR is high on our list anymore. If it is...

I want a WR I can trust to A. catch and highpoint the ball, and B. stay healthy. We have our speed threats and slot guys now.

Harry and Harmon are both appealing to me because they can potentially be had at 40 and fit the criteria above. Butler has consistency issues with his hands. 

I wouldn't be against Metcalf. He's extremely high risk, high reward. 

I'm all in on Ed Oliver if he's there at 9. If he's not, Metcalf is near the top of the list with Hockenson and a couple others. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Golden Tate’s AAV is only 375k more than Smokey’s....

A little surprising.

Call me crazy, but I'd rather have John Brown in our offense anyways. 

Tate's had some nice arms throwing to him versus what Brown has, with a significantly higher number of targets too.

They play different roles, each playing their role well. I also think Tate is on the decline.. didn't look all that great in Philly. 

Edited by NickChowaniec

Tannehill finally moved... to Tennessee.. interesting. 

Miami is going to be awful. Hopefully they feel like moving to 9 for Lock or Jones so we can grab a couple picks from them.

They could also go after Rosen..

19 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Tannehill finally moved... to Tennessee.. interesting. 

Miami is going to be awful. Hopefully they feel like moving to 9 for Lock or Jones so we can grab a couple picks from them.

They could also go after Rosen..

8 and 9 will be the slots to jump into for Lock or Jones.

18 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

8 and 9 will be the slots to jump into for Lock or Jones.

i think haskins is going to be available but i think the phins are all in on 2020. I dont think the giants want to go qb and thats why they dumped Odel because it was just a waste of space and hearing him complain about not being a contender may cause turmoil. Phins will have 120 mil in cap space and 10 draft picks. They are essentially the bills 2 years ago. Giants were rumored to be looking at Russel Wilson so maybe the 2 1st rd picks this year and next years 1st would get to where the expected price tag would be. Wilson would move to a bigger market for he and his wife to grow their brand. Thats Cowherd's guess a month ago that heard rumblings through agents.

51 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

i think haskins is going to be available but i think the phins are all in on 2020. I dont think the giants want to go qb and thats why they dumped Odel because it was just a waste of space and hearing him complain about not being a contender may cause turmoil. Phins will have 120 mil in cap space and 10 draft picks. They are essentially the bills 2 years ago. Giants were rumored to be looking at Russel Wilson so maybe the 2 1st rd picks this year and next years 1st would get to where the expected price tag would be. Wilson would move to a bigger market for he and his wife to grow their brand. Thats Cowherd's guess a month ago that heard rumblings through agents.

What does trading Odell have to do with drafting or not drafting a QB? If anything, wouldn't they be more likely to now since they're clearly rebuilding? Most rebuilds begin with a rookie QB.. 

And I hope you don't take Cowherd seriously. He probably said that for clickbait. Russell Wilson is not getting traded. He's in the MVP conversation annually.. Seahawks would be nuts.

3 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

What does trading Odell have to do with drafting or not drafting a QB? If anything, wouldn't they be more likely to now since they're clearly rebuilding? Most rebuilds begin with a rookie QB.. 

And I hope you don't take Cowherd seriously. He probably said that for clickbait. Russell Wilson is not getting traded. He's in the MVP conversation annually.. Seahawks would be nuts.

Exactly, and the moves they're making Tate, Zeitler aren't indications of a rebuild

I actually think if they can keep Eli up this season they could be a pretty good team

6 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

i dont think they are rebuilding the giants are more like retooling and making some small changes. Giants already showing they are disinterested in him by not bring big reps to pro day etc. I may be wrong but I just dont see them taking him. IMO Media is pumping the 2 qbs up but I really think its more like 2013 draft where 1 goes in the top 15-20. Murray being talked up and talked down is just a matter of teams trying to spin stuff. 

As for the Cowherd comment no click bait he said it on his show and said it may not happen but last time he heard agents talk a big deal went done. The rumor is Carrol doesnt want to pay Wilson who is projected to be seeking 30+ mil a year. He wants to build up a defense and recreate a better version of the legion of boom and they cant do that paying wilson, which is why they are willing to part ways for him for a bunch of picks. Its a theory and he says just dont be surprised if it happens this year or next offseason. All in all I expect the giants to take the picks and build around what they have in hopes of pushing for a playoff run with eli.