Free Agency Thread

Billsfaninptown

After the bills addressed the oline in free agency with Morse, ty, waddle, feliciano, and long this offseason. Is oline a top need in the draft meaning do they need to go after guys in the 1st 3 rounds or would it be wise to go BPA? Could you say the same for Wr as well? i think it is safe to say bills should go BPA as they have the ability to do so now as the oline seemed to have upgraded drastically as well as WR. Obviously if the BPA is oline or wr you take them but they dont have to go in saying we need a tackle at 9 and reach for one if there isnt a value at 9 or 2nd rd or 3rd. 

19 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

After the bills addressed the oline in free agency with Morse, ty, waddle, feliciano, and long this offseason. Is oline a top need in the draft meaning do they need to go after guys in the 1st 3 rounds or would it be wise to go BPA? Could you say the same for Wr as well? i think it is safe to say bills should go BPA as they have the ability to do so now as the oline seemed to have upgraded drastically as well as WR. Obviously if the BPA is oline or wr you take them but they dont have to go in saying we need a tackle at 9 and reach for one if there isnt a value at 9 or 2nd rd or 3rd. 

I was thinking a heavy emphasis on BPA, as well, which is what Beane has said was his desire before FA even started. Even though I believe the OL has some better talent to work with, Waddle and Feliciano seem like nothing more than solid backups, and maybe the same could be said for Ty, though I think he has a better chance of being a decent starter. That means I could definitely imagine that the FO still believes a O-Lineman needs to be drafted early this year. However, with this influx in better talent, I think it is taking quite a bit of pressure off of needing to draft multiple OL picks. I still think TE is high on the list of targets this year and could see us snagging a quality player early. Additionally, OG, CB, OLB, and DE seem to be in need of upgrades as well. I think our interior DL is in very good shape, with nothing more than maybe a late round pick needed for depth. Other than that, maybe we look at a safety to start planning for the future...admittedly, I'm not really familiar with any of them in this years draft though.

Saints signed Nick Easton 4 yr, 24 mil. 

Ziggy Ansah visited there... looking less likely they can afford him now. 

Bettering our chances we sign him. Hope we hear something early this week! I'm not very patient haha.

10 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

Saints signed Nick Easton 4 yr, 24 mil. 

Ziggy Ansah visited there... looking less likely they can afford him now. 

Bettering our chances we sign him. Hope we hear something early this week! I'm not very patient haha.

I dont think money is the issue on ansah it may be bills not a fan of the medical on his shoulder. Heard they were talking to daryl williams and medical didnt look good either which is why they signed ty. Daryl could be in bills long term after his one year deal with panthers proves he is back to the same player before the knee but right now they didnt want to risk it which is why i have a feeling they dont want to risk it on ansah either.

14 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

The roster is pretty solid and depth is strong throughout most of. LB, DL and DE scares me depth wise though. Luckily for us, this draft will liked field us some strong defensive players in the middle rounds. 

Our G spot still worries me and I would not be opposed to a trade back to grab Lindstrom in the mid first.

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I dont think money is the issue on ansah it may be bills not a fan of the medical on his shoulder. Heard they were talking to daryl williams and medical didnt look good either which is why they signed ty. Daryl could be in bills long term after his one year deal with panthers proves he is back to the same player before the knee but right now they didnt want to risk it which is why i have a feeling they dont want to risk it on ansah either.

Seems like we're officially out on Ansah, and I think you're right, it's probably 100% based on his medical which seems to be a legit concern.

Buffalo seemed to have that in mind when it hosted Ziggy Ansah on a visit last Thursday, but GM Brandon Beane said there wasn't likely to be a deal. -- Mike Rodak

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26289293/identifying-biggest-remaining-need-all-32-nfl-teams

27 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Seems like we're officially out on Ansah, and I think you're right, it's probably 100% based on his medical which seems to be a legit concern.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26289293/identifying-biggest-remaining-need-all-32-nfl-teams

i have a feeling they make a move for someone like clowney or they draft a pass rusher high. Either way this proves they want to move on from either hughes, shaq, trent or all 3 long term. I like hughes and wouldnt mind keeping him around but i am definitely not sold on shaq or trent both showed decent production but nothing that really wows me. Grabbing a guy in the draft at 9 or even a trade for clowney would be a huge upgrade to the DE we currently have. Bills still are around 36 mil in cap space for this year and around 80 mil next year. Not to mention guys like Chris Ivory, Ducasse, and Bodine still on the roster who can clear another 6 mil this year. If they make a move at pass rusher then releasing trent will clear another 5.2 this year and 8.9 next year. I think the bills are in good shape and possibly afford to make a splash in the trade market if a deal arises. 

After the free agent moves this year and next year the dline needs to be taken care of. Hausch money will be a free agent, which I could see them extending him. Foster and Wallace could be erfa so that will be some what cheap. All in all the dline and SLB will be a need to answer long term after this year.