Free Agency Thread

Billsfaninptown

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

i have a feeling they make a move for someone like clowney or they draft a pass rusher high. Either way this proves they want to move on from either hughes, shaq, trent or all 3 long term. I like hughes and wouldnt mind keeping him around but i am definitely not sold on shaq or trent both showed decent production but nothing that really wows me. Grabbing a guy in the draft at 9 or even a trade for clowney would be a huge upgrade to the DE we currently have. Bills still are around 36 mil in cap space for this year and around 80 mil next year. Not to mention guys like Chris Ivory, Ducasse, and Bodine still on the roster who can clear another 6 mil this year. If they make a move at pass rusher then releasing trent will clear another 5.2 this year and 8.9 next year. I think the bills are in good shape and possibly afford to make a splash in the trade market if a deal arises. 

After the free agent moves this year and next year the dline needs to be taken care of. Hausch money will be a free agent, which I could see them extending him. Foster and Wallace could be erfa so that will be some what cheap. All in all the dline and SLB will be a need to answer long term after this year. 

Why you wanna get rid me of me so bad? :( I kid I kid.

It is nice to know the Bills have set themselves up now to address the DL this draft (if they want) and avoid losing 3 potential starters in Hughes, Phillips and Lawson next off-season. Like you said, Haush will be a no brainer unless he suffers another injury. I have seen conflicting reports about Foster because he was cut last season and whether or not he will be a a ERFA or an RFA or something else. Curious if you know or have anything you can share on that. 

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

It is nice to know the Bills have set themselves up now to address the DL this draft (if they want) and avoid losing 3 potential starters in Hughes, Phillips and Lawson next off-season. Like you said, Haush will be a no brainer unless he suffers another injury. I have seen conflicting reports about Foster because he was cut last season and whether or not he will be a a ERFA or an RFA or something else. Curious if you know or have anything you can share on that. 

HAHAHA...I was talking about trent murphy which im sure you know.....ERFA are players whose contracts expire with in the 1st 3 years of league play. They can be Undrafted, players picked up in season which both levi and foster were, or practice squad players which were both. I may be wrong but these 2 guys are in the guidelines of ERFA. This is best case scenario for an organization and fans as they will not lose them and they will be cheap still. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I just mocked us Austin Bryant in the 4th.

So far in the super Mock we got

1(9) - Ed Oliver DT, Houston

2(40) - N'Keal Harry WR, Arizona St

3(74) - Jace Sternberger TE, Texas A&M

4(110) - Austin Bryant DE, Clemson

But if we whiff on Ansah, I'm ok making a blockbuster for Clowney

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I love this mock so far. If this comes to fruition I will be pumped.

2 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Like a diamond in an ice storm if this were to happen.

Harry and Oliver are my favorite two prospects for us overall. 

If we can manage to get Clowney for a conditional 2020 draft pick pending a new contract, that'd be ideal.

I'd like to keep our picks this year, we need em. 

2 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Looks good to me!

57 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Like a diamond in an ice storm if this were to happen.

Harry and Oliver are my favorite two prospects for us overall. 

If we can manage to get Clowney for a conditional 2020 draft pick pending a new contract, that'd be ideal.

I'd like to keep our picks this year, we need em. 

56 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Looks good to me!

Looking RB in round 5.. Elijah Holyfield, David Montgomery, Bryce Love or Rodney Anderson. Missed out on Miles Sanders, Justice Hill and Damien Harris

Edited by BillsGuy82

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Looking RB in round 5.. Elijah Holyfield, David Montgomery, Bryce Love or Rodney Anderson. Missed out on Miles Sanders, Justice Hill and Damien Harris

Montgomery > Holyfield > Rodney Anderson > Bryce Love is the order I'd rank em. Holyfield's combine was so bad I had to move him down unfortunately :/

How’s everyone feel about the LB situation? Obviously Milano and Edmunds locked in. And I love Lorenzo, but with him getting up there in age think we need to address that spot? We’re a 4-3 base, but unless we plan on running a lot of nickel, I think we need another option or two whether it be via free agency or draft. 

13 hours ago, DER10N92 said:

How’s everyone feel about the LB situation? Obviously Milano and Edmunds locked in. And I love Lorenzo, but with him getting up there in age think we need to address that spot? We’re a 4-3 base, but unless we plan on running a lot of nickel, I think we need another option or two whether it be via free agency or draft. 

That is why I am a huge fan of drafting Kevin White at 9. Ed Oliver is everyones top consensus and I would agree but if he were no longer there at 9 and White is I am all for it. He has the speed to go sideline to sideline on the outside runs, he can rush the passer if asked, and he can drop back in coverage. Those 3 lined up together could be better then what Carolina ever had which is what McDermott liked in Carolina.

15 hours ago, DER10N92 said:

At minimum we need depth. If Milano or Edmunds misses significant time we are in trouble. 

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

At minimum we need depth. If Milano or Edmunds misses significant time we are in trouble. 

when milano went down and we faced the pats the run game to the outside was garbage and it had a lot to do with milano being out. He has proven to be a key piece at LB and I think they definitely need to address the position at some point. Milano also proves that you can find gems on day 3 of the draft

5 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

That is why I am a huge fan of drafting Kevin White at 9. Ed Oliver is everyones top consensus and I would agree but if he were no longer there at 9 and White is I am all for it. He has the speed to go sideline to sideline on the outside runs, he can rush the passer if asked, and he can drop back in coverage. Those 3 lined up together could be better then what Carolina ever had which is what McDermott liked in Carolina.

We do lack depth at LB, but I wouldn't be a huge fan of drafting White at #9. I like White as a player, but I think it's a luxury pick for us. If the top 3 techs or edge rushers get scooped up, which looks likely at this point then I wouldn't hate taking White. We played in the nickel about 65-75% of the time last season. That means there likely wouldn't be a lot of playing time to go around. I wouldn't mind taking a LB in the middle rounds, but #9 isn't worth it in my opinion.