Free Agency Thread

Billsfaninptown

1 hour ago, NickChowaniec said:

Quote you might be referring to: 

I don't take that as "they didn't like it" and that it removes the possibility.

It may not happen but he clearly said they're still open to it. Ultimately, I think the price is too high given the condition of the shoulder and they're waiting for that price to come down after he visits with other teams.

Thats a possibility of his price being to high. It can either be him accepting a prove it deal which will be less then his franchise tag and no one wants to pay him long term because of his shoulder or he is waiting to prove his shoulder is good in order to land a long term deal either way I think it would be a player to look at after the draft.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Anyone having ideas of Julio Jones coming to Buffalo is not happening as he is in the process of signing an extension. So much for landing a #1 wr in trade situation. 

This never made sense from the start as Atlanta is in a competitive window for Championships. I get they are pretty stacked at WR but Sanu and Ridley are not #1 and we of all fans get how valuable a #1 is.

AJ Green makes alot more sense and would be cheaper and we'll be sitting pretty at 41 for a WR.

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

This never made sense from the start as Atlanta is in a competitive window for Championships. I get they are pretty stacked at WR but Sanu and Ridley are not #1 and we of all fans get how valuable a #1 is.

AJ Green makes alot more sense and would be cheaper and we'll be sitting pretty at 41 for a WR.

he was being discussed as a trade candidate last off season as they wanted to move on from him since thee cost was high and the defense was a huge issue. The HC is defensive minded yet they are horrid on that side of the ball. So the money could have been better spent beefing up that defense and using a trade piece like julio to get better. Yes Julio is much better then sanu and ridley but the drop off wouldnt be that massive to move Julio to get better pieces on defense to compete against teams like saints and carolina in their division

4 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

he was being discussed as a trade candidate last off season as they wanted to move on from him since thee cost was high and the defense was a huge issue. The HC is defensive minded yet they are horrid on that side of the ball. So the money could have been better spent beefing up that defense and using a trade piece like julio to get better. Yes Julio is much better then sanu and ridley but the drop off wouldnt be that massive to move Julio to get better pieces on defense to compete against teams like saints and carolina in their division

Oh, I get the reasoning behind why Atlanta would but these "talks" were likely Forum chat or outside analysis giving there opinions.

That defense, mainly the secondary was hit with key major injuries last year and Vic Beasley took a big step back

2 minutes ago, leeevans83d said:

It's a good thing. I've hated him on and off the field from day one. Good riddance! 

I was indifferent until the Tre concussion. If Logan Paul was a football player, his name would be Rob Gronkowski.

Bills brought back Ej Gaines for a 1 year deal, between him Kevin Johnson and Levi Wallace the CB position seems to be set at the #2 spot with Tre at #1 and Taron in the slot. Maybe a day 3 flier will be added but I do not see guys like Greedy Williams being the pick at 9 anymore even if he was the BPA at the 9th spot.

• Like 3