Free Agency Thread

Billsfaninptown

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Hopefully we drove up his price for the Jets

haha...Sal will probably complain we paid him and not Paradis or something of that nature. Rodak will come out say something along the lines of us being happy about free agency but that doesnt matter when the pats win in the regular season.

I don't hate that we're not too active in FA yet. Everyone is freaking out, but I don't see the issue. How many times have we seen other teams go out and spend big and all they get is a bunch of divas who end up having bad contracts, which sets the team back? I can think of at least 3 times that's happened to other teams (mainly the Jets coincidentally).

Let it play out.

Btw, Bell is still out there and I could definitely see us sniffing around him...even though I hope that is not the case. Plus, you know Beane will make a trade or 2 and need to save some cap space for that. Relax lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leeevans83d said:

I don't hate that we're not too active in FA yet. Everyone is freaking out, but I don't see the issue. How many times have we seen other teams go out and spend big and all they get is a bunch of divas who end up having bad contracts, which sets the team back? I can think of at least 3 times that's happened to other teams (mainly the Jets coincidentally).

Let it play out.

Btw, Bell is still out there and I could definitely see us sniffing around him...even though I hope that is not the case. Plus, you know Beane will make a trade or 2 and need to save some cap space for that. Relax lol

Pipe dream.. I'd love it but he's not coming to Buffalo

9 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Pipe dream.. I'd love it but he's not coming to Buffalo

Trust me I don't want that headache. Plus, he is too patient of a runner to run behind our O-line. Think about that...you wait more than half a second to hit the hole and he's gonna get crushed. There's a reason Connor did just as well as Bell did and that's because they were both running behind a good O-line. 

And if we threw enough money at him, he'd come to Buffalo. 

1 hour ago, DER10N92 said:

Jets landing Anthony Barr and CJ Mosley.....That sucks (insert eggplant emoji here)

32 mil per year for those 2 is essentially what the bills paid for their entire defense. Bills were 2nd in the legal. They can spend cash all day long but when it comes down to it they still have the same gm who splashed 100 mil 4 years ago and then scrapped 18-24 months later. Now you have a HC who had a mediocre overall career in Miami. He is still living off of Denver where he coached Peyton Manning. Greg Williams is their DC what did Browns d do when he was there and they paid for Collins and had Garret. Im not to concerned about the jets the patriots will always be the main threat with Tom Brady still out there.

4 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

JuWuan James coming in at 13 mil per year and pretty good amount guaranteed.

Good look at what Daryl Williams is likely going to cost us.

At this point I dont even care at the cost, if the bills can land him and another decent free agent signing I will be happy with the offseason I just hope they arent calling it quits after this as the bills still need RT, LG (depending on whether they view Teller as starter or not), WR, SLB, DT, DE...Still a ton of people out there that they can land too. Rumor was the bills were looking into DJax but knew they wouldnt get him over the Eagles so they quickly backed out. Between him and AB they are clearly looking to trade for a WR and it seems that they are not to high on the FA WR market. Hopefully a trade can happen and they land a WR.