Free Agency Thread

Billsfaninptown

2 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Actually getting Bell to sign here would surprise me more than anything the Bills have done in years..

but why? You know how much would be invested in the RB position? Chris Ivory is set to make $2.9 if cut the bills clear $2.15 million with a dead cap of 750k, Shady is set to make $9 mil with a dead cap of $2.6 mil, Frank Gore is set to make $2 mil, Patrick DiMarco FB is set to make $2.1 with $1 mil in dead cap, not to mention the other 2 Murphy and Ford both expect to be let go with little to no cap hit so dont count them. Now Bell wanting 15 mil if not more and will likely get that with these crazy contracts the bills have to much invested in that position. Cutting Ivory, and Shady will be 3.35 mil, Frank Gores 2 mil makes it 5.35 mil plus bell at say 15 mil puts them in an investment of 20 mil on RBs. That to me is a dumb move.

Wow teddy Bridgewater turned down a bigger contract from Miami to re-sign with the Saints. Said he likes the culture in the locker room and the idea of one day being the starter for the Saints. Keep in mind that his home town is a county just north of Miami. Location isn't always what it is cracked up to be when signing with a team. 

Another twist to this is they are now pushing for Tyrod Taylor to be their QB. 

Edited by soflbillsfan

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

but why? You know how much would be invested in the RB position? Chris Ivory is set to make $2.9 if cut the bills clear $2.15 million with a dead cap of 750k, Shady is set to make $9 mil with a dead cap of $2.6 mil, Frank Gore is set to make $2 mil, Patrick DiMarco FB is set to make $2.1 with $1 mil in dead cap, not to mention the other 2 Murphy and Ford both expect to be let go with little to no cap hit so dont count them. Now Bell wanting 15 mil if not more and will likely get that with these crazy contracts the bills have to much invested in that position. Cutting Ivory, and Shady will be 3.35 mil, Frank Gores 2 mil makes it 5.35 mil plus bell at say 15 mil puts them in an investment of 20 mil on RBs. That to me is a dumb move.

Only way Bills go after Bell is if they trade Shady. They won't keep him and Gore. 

4 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Only way Bills go after Bell is if they trade Shady. They won't keep him and Gore. 

That’s the way I see it as well. Can’t keep them all. Im not really on board with the Bell stuff. Definitely seems like a guy counter opposite to what McBeane desires. This guy put quit on his teammates last year but I do understand that Beane likes to make a splash so it’s whatever. I’d rather beef up the O-line than anything right now. 

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Even if they trade shady its still a 2.6 mil dead cap for him. I know people are down on shady but you put bell behind that oline last year he would produce similar stats may have more receiving yards but struggle against the run when he needs holes to be created. Bell sits behind the line and waits for the hole to develop there was not time to wait behind the bills oline it crumbled fast. so why splurge on that over spending the money on more oline help. Saffold and Williams still out there and you could land one of them for 12-13 mil and saffold for 10 mil instead of paying bell 15-18 mil a year. I would much rather have the function of an oline and then plug and play with rb for this year and the future. I also am concerned with Bell in the way he may sit back and collect rather then work hard for it but i dont know him outside of media talking so he could be a hard worker instead of media posting him as some what lazy. My hope is they stay with shady get gore and draft love day 3. Love can be the future if not its low cost and they can move on while drafting a rb high next year.

The Bell interest could be just speculation based on our cap space too. Haven't seen much from credible media members on Bell + Bills.

Then again, nobody thought we'd actually make an offer for AB either.

I put the probability of Bell signing here at <5%

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

Even if they trade shady its still a 2.6 mil dead cap for him. I know people are down on shady but you put bell behind that oline last year he would produce similar stats may have more receiving yards but struggle against the run when he needs holes to be created. Bell sits behind the line and waits for the hole to develop there was not time to wait behind the bills oline it crumbled fast. so why splurge on that over spending the money on more oline help. Saffold and Williams still out there and you could land one of them for 12-13 mil and saffold for 10 mil instead of paying bell 15-18 mil a year. I would much rather have the function of an oline and then plug and play with rb for this year and the future. I also am concerned with Bell in the way he may sit back and collect rather then work hard for it but i dont know him outside of media talking so he could be a hard worker instead of media posting him as some what lazy. My hope is they stay with shady get gore and draft love day 3. Love can be the future if not its low cost and they can move on while drafting a rb high next year.

Dead cap really isn't a concern for the Bills. I am neither for or against Bell but why are you suggesting if we signed him we couldn't continue building the OL? Bills could easily afford Bell and Williams and then grab a Guard in round 1.

4 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Who tf complains about getting a star position player to come to Buffalo. Sign me the F up Idgf what the hell we pay him.

D1dkPjNX0AISp2t.png:large

I'm not all that excited about it when you consider how much he'll cost us plus his production was hardly missed last year.

He has a ton of carries already in his career too. 

I'd rather draft someone high next year in a stacked class (J. Taylor, Etienne, Najee Harris, Swift, Dobbins, etc.) and let Shady run behind a rebuilt OL.  

Edited by NickChowaniec

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I am jealous the Jets got Barr but the price they paid for Mosley is hilariously awful.

Barr is getting 15 mil that would be a luxury the bills clearly didnt want to spend money on that. We have the #2 defense and lost one guy in Kyle Williams granted a big player but all in all i do not see them having a massive drop off this year. 17 mil for mosley is ridiculous i think between the 2 contracts that equals what we are paying the entire defense

7 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Who tf complains about getting a star position player to come to Buffalo. Sign me the F up Idgf what the hell we pay him.

no one is complaining there is more to it then just signing him up. He had a solid oline where any rb was able to play behind just look up the stats Connor had and Deangelo Williams when he was filling in while he was suspended. There is a reason why his stats were so much better then RBs in the league because they had a solid oline. We are simply saying we can go through that process too by building up the oline rather then paying a guy who has questionable characteristics. All in all we do not need to go all in on Bell as this is likely his camp trying to build a higher premium for him. Bills and Colts have been tight lipped and unless they publicly say they are out then they will always be linked to these type of players based on cap and need at the position.