Free Agency Thread

Billsfaninptown

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Clark is 3 years younger, and fits the mold of a 4-3 defensive pass rusher compared to ford who is more of a 3-4 olb and they were transitioning over to a new defense

Its really only 2 years as Clarke will be 26 in June. Plus Ford will be a 4-3 DE in SF so I really don't get the Chiefs ideology on this. 

29 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Its really only 2 years as Clarke will be 26 in June. Plus Ford will be a 4-3 DE in SF so I really don't get the Chiefs ideology on this. 

Kc may not think he can fit the 4-3 de mold even though the niners want to try. May want a more traditional pass rusher at the 4-3 setup. Not sure what their thought process is but they have to win now cause they have another dlineman seeking 100 mil next off season not to mention the media amping up a new contract for mahomes which is said to be 200 mil. Plus if hill comes away without getting in trouble he will be seeking the most wr money in the league. 

• 2 months later...

Late off-season add with S Kurt Coleman coming aboard.

Per Ian Rapoport...

Former #Saints and #Panthers S Kurt Coleman will make just over $1M on a 1-year deal with a chance to make a maximum of $2M, source said.

On 7/20/2019 at 2:56 PM, Yibbyl said:

Late off-season add with S Kurt Coleman coming aboard.

Per Ian Rapoport...

Former #Saints and #Panthers S Kurt Coleman will make just over $1M on a 1-year deal with a chance to make a maximum of $2M, source said.

I like the signing it is a good reaction to Bush retiring, it isnt costing much and will be a solid depth signing to push Neal for backup duties more so then bush was doing. 

Matt Hammond a sports radio talk guy for houston texans tweeted out  that one issue Brian Gaine and Bill O'brien argued about was extending Clowney. Gaine pushed for it but Bill said No. Matt also tweeted that the owner Cal McNair said they are open for business yesterday and now thinks that Brian Gaine will push to trade for Clowney. I think if this happens the defense is going to be scary good. Clowney back in a natural position at 4-3 end with hughes opposite to him could be threatening to old man Brady.

11 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Matt Hammond a sports radio talk guy for houston texans tweeted out  that one issue Brian Gaine and Bill O'brien argued about was extending Clowney. Gaine pushed for it but Bill said No. Matt also tweeted that the owner Cal McNair said they are open for business yesterday and now thinks that Brian Gaine will push to trade for Clowney. I think if this happens the defense is going to be scary good. Clowney back in a natural position at 4-3 end with hughes opposite to him could be threatening to old man Brady.

5Q9tPxh.jpg

This defense with an elite, bonafide stud pass rushing DL 

giphy.gif

Edited by Thelonebillsfan

For those that think it would be a mistake trading a paying him this is what the last 2 years were 

17.5 sacks, 38 Qb hits, 35 tackles for a lost, 2 forced fumbles, 5 fumble recoveries and a td.

Mack has 23 sacks, 37 Qb hits, 24 tackles for lost, 1 int, 7 forced fumbles , 1 fumble recovery and a td.

In my comparison I am not comparing clowney to mack saying they are identical I am just giving an idea of what they have both done the last 2 years. 

In the last 3 years sacks and tackles for a loss:
Clowney: 77.5
Mack: 73
Lawrence 58

All i am saying just cause he doesnt have high sack value compared to guys like lawrence and mack Clowney is still a top tier pass rusher and would be a huge upgrade to the only position of need for the next 2+ years.

There's been some buzz on social media about the Bills possibly trading for Jadeveon Clowney — especially after they hired former Texans GM Brian Gaine. The NFL's landscape is fluid, of course, but at this point a trade between Buffalo and Houston is not likely.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Fespn_generic_m.jpg&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
Marcel Louis-Jacques, ESPN