Adrian Amos and Bryce Callahan watch

WindyCity

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Great stuff on how Eric Weddle ended up signing with the Rams. @MMQB says the Bears "were chomping at the bit" to have him in Halas Hall first. His price tag was 5 million plus incentives. Sounds like Adrian Amos was not the Bears first choice.

That could be like $3 million a year less than Amos has asked them for so you can see why.

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Callahan to the Broncos. 3 yrs. at $7 mil/year. $10 mil guaranteed. 

Now I get to watch him as a Bronco.  That's not all bad.

What he got was in line with what I thought we might offer and less than was suggested by Spotrac based on other signings but apparently either Pace wasn't willing to go that high or Callahan actually preferred to follow Fangio and Donatell to Denver and our nicer weather too.  :PxD

Personally I would have rather had Callahan for 3yrs/$21mil/$10mil gtd than Skrine for 3yrs/$16.5mil/$8.5 mil gtd but que sera sera.

6 hours ago, Damikeeeee said:

No surprise Fangio got an important piece. Good contract too. 

It is a good contract. It's also in the range of what I expected Pace to be in on Callahan for. So...kinda weird. I suppose maybe he couldn't justify signing Patterson and then Callahan (for that price). 

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

They chose a less talented but more reliable (Health) player to play NB.

Seems like that and then adding C-Dix also adds some talent who could cover a slot guy in a pinch.

No doubt missing both Callahan and Jackson weakened us against Philly.

Hard call to make but is it possible we have come out ahead by replacing Callahan/Amos with Skrine/C-Dix? I mean from a price point in AAV it looks like we got a better infusion of replacement talent, with Skrine's and Haha's faults taken into account.

37 minutes ago, malagabears said:

Hard call to make but is it possible we have come out ahead by replacing Callahan/Amos with Skrine/C-Dix? I mean from a price point in AAV it looks like we got a better infusion of replacement talent, with Skrine's and Haha's faults taken into account.

I'm much happier about C-Dix than Skrine given how little difference there was in Skrine's deal vs Callahan's but without a doubt Skrine has been more available and if in this defense he can play more like he did when he was with Cleveland he's as good as we could get for the money.

I think Ha Ha playing with Jackson will give us a holy terror duo of ball hawks and produce more turnovers.  Two guys who can play the ball as well as they have has to have an impact on how much passing in the seams and deeper zones other teams will risk.  Our pass defense just got better.

Archived