Nevin Lawson cut

Lionized

I have to think the Bob Quin is going to make a serious push for at least two starters as free agents.  I don't see us landing Trey Flowers.  To me the most likely candidates are CB Steven Nelson and MLB CJ Mosely.  We needed a legitimate #2CB before we cut Nevin Lawson.  Neslon won't be cheap but he will be way better than what we had and he probably still has some upside.  He is no Stefon Gilmore but he could have a similar impact on our defense.  CJ Mosley would be an ideal signing because he is smart, durable and is a four-time time pro bowl player.  Jarrad Davis moving to the outside might the best thing given his playing style.  We should have no problem getting D-line help in the draft.

Some other players to keep an eye on:  ZaDarius Smith, Preston Smith, Adam Humphries, Tyrell Williams

Wasn't really a Lawson fan but unless Quinn already has a FA CB close to signing, I'm a bit worried  We're down 3 starters, 4 if you count Ziggy, with nothing internally to replace them.  I hope he's not counting on Tabor.  That would be disastrous.  Looks like some heavy duty FA courting is going to be required.  I don't see us getting Flowers either.  Maybe one of the Smiths (Preston or Za;Darius)  Wil take the pressure off drafting an edge rusher in the 1st rnd and maybe moving back a bit and taking a CB to run opposite Slay.

Nevin Lawson has zero picks in the last two years and got flagged for pass interference pretty often. Taking a larger view, as Bill Parcells once said, you are what your record says you are.  We were a 6-10 team that was not capable of making the post-season let alone a deep run into post season.  It isn't the time to stand pat.  

2 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

I have to think the Bob Quin is going to make a serious push for at least two starters as free agents.  I don't see us landing Trey Flowers.  To me the most likely candidates are CB Steven Nelson and MLB CJ Mosely.  We needed a legitimate #2CB before we cut Nevin Lawson.  Neslon won't be cheap but he will be way better than what we had and he probably still has some upside.  He is no Stefon Gilmore but he could have a similar impact on our defense.  CJ Mosley would be an ideal signing because he is smart, durable and is a four-time time pro bowl player.  Jarrad Davis moving to the outside might the best thing given his playing style.  We should have no problem getting D-line help in the draft.

Some other players to keep an eye on:  ZaDarius Smith, Preston Smith, Adam Humphries, Tyrell Williams

Supposedly the lions are the frontrunners for anthony barr and landon collins

Ya I sure don't trust bq drafting a cb... after the stuff he said about teez...

Zadarius and Mosley for me

There are some decent late rd cb maybe throw some late rd picks at cb and hope for the best.. Can't get much worse... I know I'll be pissed if we take one in the 1st rd

Archived