Kelechi Osemele to the NY Jets

rickyt31

Good move, he costs less than what Saffold would've commanded and if we missed on him, we'd be screwed. Who else would there be, Quinton Spain?

You guys act like there's a plethora of options out there and that we're the only team competing for players services. Like we should just be able to sign the next Quenton Nelson just because. Our odds of signing someone are 1/32. Give Mac credit for making a slick move to shore up a weak spot and not letting any other team interfere with that plan.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

It's been said by a few writers that we were planning on it, yes. But regardless I liked KO and hope he kills it for you.

I like the move but I don’t like his salary. Since nothing’s guaranteed I wonder if we try and rework his deal. Bc as of now we can cut him with not owing him a dime. I’d rather guarantee him 2019 and 2020 now off injury for 8mill or so per

5 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Good move, he costs less than what Saffold would've commanded and if we missed on him, we'd be screwed. Who else would there be, Quinton Spain?

You guys act like there's a plethora of options out there and that we're the only team competing for players services. Like we should just be able to sign the next Quenton Nelson just because. Our odds of signing someone are 1/32. Give Mac credit for making a slick move to shore up a weak spot and not letting any other team interfere with that plan.

Agreed.  Great start and I don't think this will be our last or biggest OL move.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I like the move but I don’t like his salary. Since nothing’s guaranteed I wonder if we try and rework his deal. Bc as of now we can cut him with not owing him a dime. I’d rather guarantee him 2019 and 2020 now off injury for 8mill or so per

That's actually a good point, we do have leverage there and I'm sure an extension is coming shortly. Benefits both sides, Osemele takes a pay cut for better job security.

Really good high reward low risk move for you guys, especially since the money isn't an issue. Really like the trade. Even if he doesn't get back to his 2016 self, his 2017 version, while probably overpaid, would still be a very nice piece on that line. 

This is a great move by Macc.  Hard not to like this.  Dude is apparently hitting the weight room hard this offseason.  In a limited OG market we couldn't just assume Saffold would choose us, and he was the only guy on KO's level in FA.

This is a solid trade for both teams. I like it for the Jets. There was no gtd that we would have landed Saffold. So, we got the next best guy available for day 3 draft swaps. 

He's a good stop gap for at least the next two years. We still need to draft a guard to groom behind him. If we can get one of the two FA centers, we will be in good shape heading into the draft. Just need to invest a couple of draft picks for the future though.

3 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

This is a solid trade for both teams. I like it for the Jets. There was no gtd that we would have landed Saffold. So, we got the next best guy available for day 3 draft swaps. 

He's a good stop gap for at least the next two years. We still need to draft a guard to groom behind him. If we can get one of the two FA centers, we will be in good shape heading into the draft. Just need to invest a couple of draft picks for the future though.

I think we should get our LT of the future this year and our LG of the future next year. Beachum is in his final year of his deal. 3rd round pick go get yourself a Max Scharping, Mitch Hyatt, Tytus Howard type etc. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Look at my post above. I love the move. But facts are facts. Saffold isn’t an injury risk. Isn’t getting paid 10mill (he could once signed). I’m all for it. But it’s not an answer to G. It’s a stop gap. Also seems like we traded for a guy that was probably getting cut. I don’t value draft picks with Macc, so I don’t mind that. Just worth noting.

It's called wisely spending money.  Older guy with a few years and contract will be off the books in 2 years while we develop his replacement.  I'm hoping we draft Alex Bars personally.  The move gives us flexibility as he doesnt carry any dead money if we cut him loose after 1 year.  Surgical and tactical off season.  We need a few vet stop gap guys otherwise we wont have any money to re-sign our own guys when the time comes.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Look at my post above. I love the move. But facts are facts. Saffold isn’t an injury risk. Isn’t getting paid 10mill (he could once signed). I’m all for it. But it’s not an answer to G. It’s a stop gap. Also seems like we traded for a guy that was probably getting cut. I don’t value draft picks with Macc, so I don’t mind that. Just worth noting.

He has missed more games than KO over the same period of time, bro.  He certainly is an injury risk as he has missed 23 games over the past 6 seasons. 

11 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

He has missed more games than KO over the same period of time, bro.  He certainly is an injury risk as he has missed 23 games over the past 6 seasons. 

Didn’t know that. Stand corrected then.

Archived