K. Osemele traded to Jets

NickButera

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

Conspiracy theory is he was one of the ring leaders that let the Redskins o line kill Carr.  I have zero evidence to back this up.

I was typing this as well, good call. I couldn't remember hearing any confirmation for any of that, but seemed to recall the same.

43 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

I was typing this as well, good call. I couldn't remember hearing any confirmation for any of that, but seemed to recall the same.

I follow Carr closely and never seemed like he was close to KO... I think Carr can get preachy for some folk, and the entire Flag situation... would have been sweet if we swept the 4th pick for the Jets 3rd overall

59 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

would have rather traded Gabe... KO was just hurt last year, I expect him to bounce back to being an all pro... maybe he was a bad apple behind the scenes...with the cap space better be active

I mean Gabe was hurt pretty bad too, and he played through all that.

Also Gabe is home grown and younger. We traded the right guard. Curious to see if Gabe goes back to LG.

Dalton Risner or Cody Ford at 27 or 35 please. Fix the Line!

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I like this as it clears up a lot of cash and we can move Jackson back to LG where he originally excelled at.

Yep good point. Put Gabe back at LG where he is not only a better fit but better justifies the salary, keep Good at RG, Hudson the anchor of the line at C and our interior line doesn't experience much of a downgrade as-is.

4 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

I mean Gabe was hurt pretty bad too, and he played through all that.

Also Gabe is home grown and younger. We traded the right guard. Curious to see if Gabe goes back to LG.

Dalton Risner or Cody Ford at 27 or 35 please. Fix the Line!

Who's on 1st?

I wonder if we are going to resign Jon Feliciano.  I hope we do. If not, I'm alright with Gabe Jackson and D. Good as starters. Just need to get some depth players. I said this in another thread, I'm starting to hope we draft the BPA OL with one of our late firsts or second round pick. We need more talent on the OL.

I don’t love it.  We should have moved him to LT last year instead of drafting Miller and drafted Derwin like we all wanted.  Get rid of cable and put him in a decent system and he’ll go back to being a top tier OG.  I don’t mind getting rid of the salary while getting something for him, but it’s our own fault he regressed.

1 hour ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Money saving trade, Osemele regressed because Cable is inept or both?

Somebody explained that Osemele doesn't fit the scheme.  I also heard him taking 5 games off last season was a little longer than what some inside personnel believed was necessary.  I don't really know the truth of course because I'm a fan,  but I'm just going to sit back and hope Mayock and Gruden are making the right calls.

Edit: By someone, and I also heard, I'm referring to posts I've seen on Twitter lol.

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He was amazing here for us in 2016 but his play tapered off the past two seasons. He was a pretty crappy run blocker last year and that was supposed to be his calling card. Losing weight actually hurt his game.

Losing weight and Tice while adding Cable.  Who knows what had the bigger affect on his game.  It seemed the entire OL regressed under Cable.

1 minute ago, daineraider said:

Losing weight and Tice while adding Cable.  Who knows what had the bigger affect on his game.  It seemed the entire OL regressed under Cable.

He really just didn't look like the same powerful athlete without the weight.

Archived