Kirk Cousins - 2018 Starter?

y2lamanaki

I should have added in my last post that I think he's our most likely option ... IF he is even available.  I still think there's a chance the Skins find some way to re-sign him. Then if we don't get one of the young guys coming out in 2018 it might be a matter of waiting till 2019 and hoping that Hoyer or Beathard somehow turn into Kirk Cousins.  I think there is likely to be a pretty decent group of second tier, after the Top 3, QBs coming out.  So maybe we go after one of them if we don't get Cousins and aren't picking top 3.

31 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

I should have added in my last post that I think he's our most likely option ... IF he is even available.  I still think there's a chance the Skins find some way to re-sign him. Then if we don't get one of the young guys coming out in 2018 it might be a matter of waiting till 2019 and hoping that Hoyer or Beathard somehow turn into Kirk Cousins.  I think there is likely to be a pretty decent group of second tier, after the Top 3, QBs coming out.  So maybe we go after one of them if we don't get Cousins and aren't picking top 3.

Funny you say that as Cousins was just quoted as saying something to the point of him wanting to stay with one team for entirety of his career, as most of the great ones have. 

The top 3 may just be top 1 as well as people around Darnold and now Rosen are saying these guys are more likely to stay in school another year than leave. With Rosens injury last year I find that a little harder to believe if he has a good year and finally shows why there's so much hype around him. 

Depending on how Hoyer performs of course I wouldn't actually be that against rolling with Hoyer and Beathard another year and seeing what Shanny can do when we build the team around one of those two.

1 hour ago, Fureys49ers said:

Funny you say that as Cousins was just quoted as saying something to the point of him wanting to stay with one team for entirety of his career, as most of the great ones have. 

The top 3 may just be top 1 as well as people around Darnold and now Rosen are saying these guys are more likely to stay in school another year than leave. With Rosens injury last year I find that a little harder to believe if he has a good year and finally shows why there's so much hype around him. 

Depending on how Hoyer performs of course I wouldn't actually be that against rolling with Hoyer and Beathard another year and seeing what Shanny can do when we build the team around one of those two.

Well especially if both Darnold and Rosen stay.  On the other hand I expect us to be even better and therefore picking even lower in 2019.  

Archived