? Saints vs Ravens GDT - Thursday @ 8pm EST

Dome

2 hours ago, NS922 said:

Not surprised. It's time to move on from him. He's got a great leg for sure, but every time he kicks the ball he hits it like it's from 60 yards. I've seen enough.

Hmmmmmm

I'm new here so I'll go with you being sarcastic here. lol 

We've had kicker trouble since 2010. Is it really the kickers?

We know our special teams have been pedestrian since Payton arrived. I can only look to coaching at this point. Morestead is the only consistent player we've ever had (under Payton) so I think that's just dumb luck. All other positions have been "this guy didn't work" "that guy didn't work". Well, at some point you've got to look at the training; or lack thereof, these kids are receiving.

3 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

We've had kicker trouble since 2010. Is it really the kickers?

We know our special teams have been pedestrian since Payton arrived. I can only look to coaching at this point. Morestead is the only consistent player we've ever had (under Payton) so I think that's just dumb luck. All other positions have been "this guy didn't work" "that guy didn't work". Well, at some point you've got to look at the training; or lack thereof, these kids are receiving.

Morestead was a beast coming out of SMU... Not shocked at his success and by no means should any of these coaches take any credit for it. As for the kickers, not sure but Lutz is very talented but you will always wonder and worry about his trajectory, having said that this is only his 2nd season and nothing is a sure thing. Just look at Tampa Bay, trade up in the 2nd round for a kicker thats about to get cut if he hasnt already. I say let the kid develop.

4 hours ago, NS922 said:

Absolutely NOT. We lost 3 games because of his blocked kicks.

Yes and we brought in a new guy to teach him how to kick at a better angle. It's worrisome to see that he had that kick blocked last night, but overall this kid is really good. Once he gets through this issue, we will finally have our career kicker. The last few years before Lutz, I swear I KNEW we was gonna miss the field goal every time. I don't feel that anymore and I'm glad about that!

Archived