Raiders re-sign DT Jonathan Hankins (2 year deal, 8.5M)

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hankins, Hurst, Hall and Jelly. Not a bad rotation. I hope we still would draft Q if he is there at #4, even after this re-signing. 

If Hall and Hurst take a step up this year that could actually be a very good rotation. 

Hankins is a solid NT for us. It will be interesting to see whether they keep Ellis too or not. 

Vanderdoes showed some power and should get a chance to show what he can do, but since he is a huge injury liability we might never see him in action.

The Hankins, Ellis, Hurst, Hall, Vanderdoes group is a pretty strong one, so we might skip the DT position in the draft. Still Q might be too tampting at 4, especially if Bosa and Allen are gone...

Right now I think I would keep Ellis and EV along the HHH trio and skip the DT spot in the draft.

If Allen and Bosa are gone I would trade down a bit and then select the best EDGE player. If there is no trade partner I think I would settle for the best EDGE option at 4. Gary? Sweat? Ferrell? don't know who, but that is why we have Mayock right...

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I've read the staff likes Eddy. DTs don't produce much their rookie years. His play strength was evident, he has some potential if he gets healthy. Excited to see him compete. 

He's very talented he just hasn't been able to stay healthy. He looked like a future first-round pick as a sophomore at UCLA but tore his ACL the first game of his junior season and has been battling injuries ever since. He's only 24 years old though, I'm excited to see how he looks in TC this year.

21 hours ago, daineraider said:

It’s hard to remember guys that are never on the field or don’t ever produce.  Hopefully he comes in healthy this year and pushes for a spot.

That was Reggies way draft players with a history of injuries 

On 11/03/2019 at 10:47 AM, big_palooka said:

I've read the staff likes Eddy. DTs don't produce much their rookie years. His play strength was evident, he has some potential if he gets healthy. Excited to see him compete. 

Agreed. I liked Vanderdoes as a prospect coming out and we need to see what he does when healthy in TC and pre-season as there's no reason to cut him prior to that. He did overpersue and lacked a little awareness but his power and leverage were both positives. I like the contract for Hankins and at least we'll be solid in the middle but we do seem to have a decent amount tied up in two run stuffers, maybe we restructure Ellis or if we draft a DT he could be the one that gets cut.

Archived