Rams agree to terms w/ Danté Fowler

RamRod

This is a great move. We keep him for a one year prove it deal. This is absolutely ideal for us IMO. Since we didn’t franchise him, it’s safe to assume it’s less expensive than the franchise would have been. I was worried that we’d get into another Sammy Watkins situation: attempt to resign a talented yet not overly productive player with great “potential” and he ends up getting overpaid or overcommitted. I was worried they’d get into a bidding war. This turned out perfectly though if you ask me 

4 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

FWIW

NEED MORE INFO!

As for Fowler, love the one year aspect of it, but curious to see how much he got. Was a little bummed in the beginning because that hurt our chances at Saffold, but if we can get him back too I'll be ecstatic. 

If we had $30mil left going into yesterday, we now have $16 remaining...It usually takes $5mil to sign your rookie class so conservatively we have $10mil left to spend. What other areas can we address? Would Saffold take $6-$7mil annually? What could we realistically give Houston for 1 year similar to a Suh situation where he is okay with 1yr deal to win a ring? $10mil? I still want to sign a vet RB because the idea of a rookie in the backfield spelling Gurley 40% of the game pass protecting scares the hell out of me.

@BStanRamFan, you were right. I'm not happy if that deal isn't heavy on incentives. Still don't think he's worth that.

50 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

If we had $30mil left going into yesterday, we now have $16 remaining...It usually takes $5mil to sign your rookie class so conservatively we have $10mil left to spend. What other areas can we address? Would Saffold take $6-$7mil annually? What could we realistically give Houston for 1 year similar to a Suh situation where he is okay with 1yr deal to win a ring? $10mil? I still want to sign a vet RB because the idea of a rookie in the backfield spelling Gurley 40% of the game pass protecting scares the hell out of me.

We can move money around if need be. It depends on how strongly they want to chase a ring this year. But with Fowler back, I doubt we go for Houston. If we do go for another rusher, I would expect it to be somebody like Cam Wake because he could kill it in a rotational role and would be quite a bit cheaper than Houston (Suggs is a possibility too). That all said, I imagine they're done with edge rushers in FA. Think they'll still go after a NT. Will be interesting to see which guy it is.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

@BStanRamFan, you were right. I'm not happy if that deal isn't heavy on incentives. Still don't think he's worth that.

We can move money around if need be. It depends on how strongly they want to chase a ring this year. But with Fowler back, I doubt we go for Houston. If we do go for another rusher, I would expect it to be somebody like Cam Wake because he could kill it in a rotational role and would be quite a bit cheaper than Houston (Suggs is a possibility too). That all said, I imagine they're done with edge rushers in FA. Think they'll still go after a NT. Will be interesting to see which guy it is.

I'm thinking Danny Shelton at NT. Wonder what he would go for on a 2year deal.

Cam Wake, Robert Quinn, Suggs all come to mind, but I think Suggs follows in Rays foot steps and retires a Raven. I just can't see him wearing another jersey.  What about Shaq Barrett or Shane Ray?

I want a RB via FA bad lol can't stress that enough. No rookie RB's to spell Gurley while we are still on our last year of Goff on rookie deal. 

13 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I'm thinking Danny Shelton at NT. Wonder what he would go for on a 2year deal.

Cam Wake, Robert Quinn, Suggs all come to mind, but I think Suggs follows in Rays foot steps and retires a Raven. I just can't see him wearing another jersey.  What about Shaq Barrett or Shane Ray?

I want a RB via FA bad lol can't stress that enough. No rookie RB's to spell Gurley while we are still on our last year of Goff on rookie deal. 

I wouldn't mind Spencer Ware if he can be had cheap. Am also okay with C.J. Anderson returning. Jordan Howard via a trade with Chicago is an additional option at HB. He's a stud running in the ZBS, but he struggled mightily this year when the Bears switched to more of a gap-based running scheme.

I like Barrett a lot, but I think he's too expensive. Ray is possible if he's cheap, but I never got the feeling Wade was that fond of him. Hard to say.

Archived