Everything Free Agency: Duval Edition

.Buzz

18 hours ago, .Buzz said:

1 yr deal for Fowler.

Looks like a smart move to trade him at the deadline for what we did.

Yeah.  There was no way we were going to be able to justify paying him like that for what he did here.  Nice to get a good pick out of it at least.  He seems a lot happier, and a better scheme fit out west, so good for him too.  Good move for everyone involved really.

17 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Fournette, AD, rookie? 

I'm not sure how that would even work.  Don't really see AD as a guy who shares carries all that well.  Not with another bell cow like Fournette who also seems to be a "high volume" back.

17 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I'm not sure how that would even work.  Don't really see AD as a guy who shares carries all that well.  Not with another bell cow like Fournette who also seems to be a "high volume" back.

I like how you put high volume in quotes because the fact is he cant be relied on to be a high volume guy right now(which is why I assume you quoted that). Maybe bringing in AP helps but I cant imagine we have the money to bring him on for what he wants. AP and LF would be a good tandem on a team that lacks talent so I'd be fine with it

16 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I like how you put high volume in quotes because the fact is he cant be relied on to be a high volume guy right now(which is why I assume you quoted that). Maybe bringing in AP helps but I cant imagine we have the money to bring him on for what he wants. AP and LF would be a good tandem on a team that lacks talent so I'd be fine with it

That's a factor.  But when he's actually healthy, Fournette very much is the sort of back who you have to feed to really get the most out of what he brings, and seemingly to keep him really in the game.

Just not sure how two backs like that would coexist if they're both healthy, 'cause AD is the same way.

19 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

First Colvin and now Gip. 

Eventually we're going to have to cut Bouye when Jalen gets his extension probably.  So the Texans can bring him back then too.  Slowly reassembling our dominant 2017 secondary one piece at a time in Houston.

The Gipson pickup will probably go a lot better for them than the Colvin thing did.  Though i think we all kinda knew ahead of time that taking the 5th best piece of our secondary in Colvin, and asking him to go from solid nickel to starting outside CB was probably gonna go poorly.  Gip is much more of a glue guy, who will probably help that Texans secondary come together better.

Archived