Everything Free Agency: Duval Edition

.Buzz

1 hour ago, Speedyg said:

When I saw Flowers at $4M, I figured man Og better have come cheap.

Well, wow...vet min cheap.

Talk about bargain basement signings

Were you expecting Flowers to have gotten more?

As far as the bargains, there really aren't many guys left we can afford anyways

57 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

As far as the bargains, there really aren't many guys left we can afford anyways

?

Guys out there now are way after early FA. Definitely can still find bargains/guys we can afford. These we made besides Foles barely dented our cap.

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

No what I meant is that, for them to go with Ogbuehi over Flowers (who they have familiarity with already), I would have figured OG was the cheaper option. But I wasn't expecting the monetary difference between the two to be $3M with OG making vet min

On 17/03/2019 at 4:28 AM, .Buzz said:

I mean, your catch percentage better be pretty darn high when literally all of your targets are within a few yards of the LOS like that.

Not dogging on Swaim, 'cause it's an important job and we've had trouble securing reliable guys who can just be that safety valve, make the catch and get you a few yards.  And he seems to be solid in that.  But those are like..."gimme" completions.  If you're dropping many of those, you don't belong on an NFL active roster tbh.

On 16/03/2019 at 1:04 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I know Moncrief was overpaid but i dont think he was so freakin bad. Honestly i think the numbers he put up was pretty much what we expected 

Yeah.  I'd say Moncrief was pretty much...as advertised.  He posted the sort of numbers i think you'd expect from a guy like him...in spite of our offense completely imploding and switching mid-stream to Kessler who is the antithesis of what Moncrief thrives on at QB.  It was a pretty substantial cap number for the year, but it was always a sort of "show me" deal that was a bit more expensive for the year because it had zero security built in longer-term.

It was just dumb because they could've had a much better receiver in ARob on the Tag for not that much more.  And looked even worse when Lee (also at substantial price) once again, demonstrated his propensity for injury.  Not that ARob would've fixed anything last year in the end...but even in retrospect, i still take ARob on the Tag over Moncrief+Lee at their numbers, every single time.

3 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  I'd say Moncrief was pretty much...as advertised.  He posted the sort of numbers i think you'd expect from a guy like him...in spite of our offense completely imploding and switching mid-stream to Kessler who is the antithesis of what Moncrief thrives on at QB.  It was a pretty substantial cap number for the year, but it was always a sort of "show me" deal that was a bit more expensive for the year because it had zero security built in longer-term.

It was just dumb because they could've had a much better receiver in ARob on the Tag for not that much more.  And looked even worse when Lee (also at substantial price) once again, demonstrated his propensity for injury.  Not that ARob would've fixed anything last year in the end...but even in retrospect, i still take ARob on the Tag over Moncrief+Lee at their numbers, every single time.

🤔 2018 stats 

Donte Moncrief

Rec:48

Yards:668

TD:3

Allen Robinson

Rec:55

Yards: 754

TD:4

What am I really missing on this ARob character he essential gave you stats in the same ball park as Moncrief. ARob played on a better team and offense I don’t see how you can say ARob is head and shoulders above Moncrief. Your statement was a little contradictory because Moncrief gave you in the ball park figure stat wise as ARob you don’t agree with giving Moncrief 9 but it’s cool to pay 14 mill franchise tag for 7 more receptions and 86 more yards for total of 5 million extra in cap space?🤨 That doesn’t seem like money well spent to me.

18 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

🤔 2018 stats 

Donte Moncrief

Rec:48

Yards:668

TD:3

Allen Robinson

Rec:55

Yards: 754

TD:4

What am I really missing on this ARob character he essential gave you stats in the same ball park as Moncrief. ARob played on a better team and offense I don’t see how you can say ARob is head and shoulders above Moncrief. Your statement was a little contradictory because Moncrief gave you in the ball park figure stat wise as ARob you don’t agree with giving Moncrief 9 but it’s cool to pay 14 mill franchise tag for 7 more receptions and 86 more yards for total of 5 million extra in cap space?🤨 That doesn’t seem like money well spent to me.

We're not playing Madden here.  ARob being in a far better offense with far more weapons and a far better QB shouldn't have to hurt him when he was still in fact, better than Moncrief.

ARob is a substantially better WR than Moncrief.  That's the point.  He's substantially better than Lee too.  It's not his fault he signed with a team who put multiple other weapons around him and spread the ball around properly.  In our dumb Bortle offense, a healthy ARob was good for 70-80 catches and 900-1400 yards because he was the only guy worth throwing to and the defense was *** so we were always chasing.  Production is always situational.  But in the same situation...i'd expect ARob to blow the doors off either of Moncrief or Lee.

If you add Moncrief and Lee together, sure...ARob probably doesn't come out ahead.  But that's backwards thinking.  You can only put so many receivers on the field at a time.  You want your best guy to be the best...fill the rest in later.  We've got plenty of good filler.

11 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

We're not playing Madden here.  ARob being in a far better offense with far more weapons and a far better QB shouldn't have to hurt him when he was still in fact, better than Moncrief.

ARob is a substantially better WR than Moncrief.  That's the point.  He's substantially better than Lee too.  It's not his fault he signed with a team who put multiple other weapons around him and spread the ball around properly.  In our dumb Bortle offense, a healthy ARob was good for 90-100 catches and 900-1400 yards because he was the only guy worth throwing to and the defense was *** so we were always chasing.  Production is always situational.  But in the same situation...i'd expect ARob to blow the doors of either of Moncrief or Lee.

Who said we were playing Madden? You see ARob as an upper echelon wideout in this league. I don’t to me ARob is a shade better than Moncrief ARob gave you 1 super productive season and somehow he has this allure that he pressing the line to be one of the ascending wideouts in this league and to me it’s probably only 5 wideouts in the the league that truly deserves to make double digit salaries per year and ARob is far down my list on options I’d like to have on my list of wideouts at anything worth 12 mill a year or more. ARob is no more than a spicy Marquees Lee. 

25 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Who said we were playing Madden? You see ARob as an upper echelon wideout in this league. I don’t to me ARob is a shade better than Moncrief ARob gave you 1 super productive season and somehow he has this allure that he pressing the line to be one of the ascending wideouts in this league and to me it’s probably only 5 wideouts in the the league that truly deserves to make double digit salaries per year and ARob is far down my list on options I’d like to have on my list of wideouts at anything worth 12 mill a year or more. ARob is no more than a spicy Marquees Lee. 

You're trying to tell me ARobs stats last year are comparable to Moncriefs?  One guy was a cog in a well-oiled machine with a plethora of other targets.  Moncrief was just here...getting force-fed the ball because everyone else sucked even harder.

ARob is a lot more than a "spicy" Marqise Lee.  He's a completely and utterly opposite type of receiver.  Allen got hands, body positioning, and a big ol' radius.  Lee got like a small T-Rex arms radius and trashcan lids for mitts.  Allen can run a full route tree with timing, Lee just runs fast as his injury prone *** can across the formation on a crosser and hopes for the best.  They're worlds apart.

That doesn't mean ARob is a world-beat or superstar...it just means Lee sucks mostly.  And Robinson was a real solid #1b type possession receiver, which is better than whatever Lee is.

5 hours ago, Tugboat said:

You're trying to tell me ARobs stats last year are comparable to Moncriefs?  One guy was a cog in a well-oiled machine with a plethora of other targets.  Moncrief was just here...getting force-fed the ball because everyone else sucked even harder.

ARob is a lot more than a "spicy" Marqise Lee.  He's a completely and utterly opposite type of receiver.  Allen got hands, body positioning, and a big ol' radius.  Lee got like a small T-Rex arms radius and trashcan lids for mitts.  Allen can run a full route tree with timing, Lee just runs fast as his injury prone *** can across the formation on a crosser and hopes for the best.  They're worlds apart.

That doesn't mean ARob is a world-beat or superstar...it just means Lee sucks mostly.  And Robinson was a real solid #1b type possession receiver, which is better than whatever Lee is.

When I speak of 'spicy Marqise Lee' statement i'm just talking in merely production that each player is going to give your team not in terms of particular football traits.

30 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Geez Indy has almost as much cap space as the 2nd and 3rd teams combined!

Glad to see we have a little left to rollover. Not sure how much it will cost to sign the draft picks but I'm guessing its close to half that

Gonna guess 6-7M.

Archived