Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jetskid007

#JetsNewUnis

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jetjuice said:

These are awful, are these the Twitter pics? I'm so glad we're not using these.

Agree 100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bianconero said:

Minimal with modern touches >

Yeah, not for me. We’ve been making minimal upgrades for 20 years.

Time to take a swing for a walk off homerun and not a single.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DowNY said:

Yeah, not for me. We’ve been making minimal upgrades for 20 years.

Time to take a swing for a walk off homerun and not a single.

Different styles but that's a HR for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way. Those look far too generic for something Nike would come up with. 

Maybe take those with a dump truck of salt. 

Edited by Johntyler82
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Johntyler82 said:

No way. Those look far too generic for something Nike would come up with. 

Maybe take those with a dump truck of salt. 

No part of me thinks they're real, but whoever created these incorporated a lot of the rumors. I really hope Nike doesn't try and do to much like they have in the past, keep it clean and simple. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

Take it with a grain of salt.. 

I could see the concept being very close to this, but I think we will wind up using a gold/yellow trim for the outline of the numbers similar to the way the Flight Squad's unis looked. The Boston Celtics currently use something like that.

I would be happy with these. They will look a lot sharper in real life.

Edited by jetjuice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

No part of me thinks they're real, but whoever created these incorporated a lot of the rumors. I really hope Nike doesn't try and do to much like they have in the past, keep it clean and simple. 

Im cool with clean and simple, but..

A) Those look like 90s Marshall Thundering Herd.

B) The Image itself looks like someone made it with Microsoft Paint. 

C) I'm 90% sure that logo was used in the fan edits that they did on Uniwatch. 

It was also reported they were new/fresh and they weren't another play on older designs. That just looks like a mashup or current and 80s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

I could see the concept being very close to this, but I think we will wind up using a gold/yellow trim for the outline of the numbers similar to the way the Flight Squad's unis looked. The Boston Celtics currently use something like that.

I would be happy with these. They will look a lot sharper in real life.

The design of the flight crew will not influence the design of the Jets unis. Everything is going to be re-branded. People are looking too far into the flight crew photo...

The lack of detail on the helmets all but squashes this for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

The design of the flight crew will not influence the design of the Jets unis. Everything is going to be re-branded. People are looking too far into the flight crew photo...

The lack of detail on the helmets all but squashes this for me. 

Why? It's using the same logo as this and black as the secondary color. It's a reasonable line of thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Why? It's using the same logo as this and black as the secondary color. It's a reasonable line of thinking.

It's not. A re-brand is a purge of anything prior to April 4. That flight crew logo/font has been used in recent past and a re-brand isn't going to recycle a logo used on the cheerleaders (no offense to them). The Jets are in the media hub of the NFL a cheerleader "class photo" is hardly the platform to expose any sort of branding details.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

It's not. A re-brand is a purge of anything prior to April 4. That flight crew logo/font has been used in recent past and a re-brand isn't going to recycle a logo used on the cheerleaders (no offense to them). The Jets are in the media hub of the NFL a cheerleader "class photo" is hardly the platform to expose any sort of branding details.  

Yeah. No way a director of marketing allows the new logo/designs to be used prior to the reveal in any way. Especially when the reveal is being worked up like it is. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, keep in mind that "leak" doesn't have an official NFL logo on it. 

It could end up looking something like that. Someone clearly made it based on the info that has been trickling out, but I heard the helmet was black (or at least there is a black helmet alternate) and that logo is an attempt, but not what I expect it to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...