#JetsNewUnis

jetskid007

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Johntyler82 said:

No way. Those look far too generic for something Nike would come up with. 

Maybe take those with a dump truck of salt. 

No part of me thinks they're real, but whoever created these incorporated a lot of the rumors. I really hope Nike doesn't try and do to much like they have in the past, keep it clean and simple. 

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

Take it with a grain of salt.. 

I could see the concept being very close to this, but I think we will wind up using a gold/yellow trim for the outline of the numbers similar to the way the Flight Squad's unis looked. The Boston Celtics currently use something like that.

I would be happy with these. They will look a lot sharper in real life.

Edited by jetjuice

47 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

No part of me thinks they're real, but whoever created these incorporated a lot of the rumors. I really hope Nike doesn't try and do to much like they have in the past, keep it clean and simple. 

Im cool with clean and simple, but..

A) Those look like 90s Marshall Thundering Herd.

B) The Image itself looks like someone made it with Microsoft Paint. 

C) I'm 90% sure that logo was used in the fan edits that they did on Uniwatch. 

It was also reported they were new/fresh and they weren't another play on older designs. That just looks like a mashup or current and 80s. 

17 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

I could see the concept being very close to this, but I think we will wind up using a gold/yellow trim for the outline of the numbers similar to the way the Flight Squad's unis looked. The Boston Celtics currently use something like that.

I would be happy with these. They will look a lot sharper in real life.

The design of the flight crew will not influence the design of the Jets unis. Everything is going to be re-branded. People are looking too far into the flight crew photo...

The lack of detail on the helmets all but squashes this for me. 

2 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

The design of the flight crew will not influence the design of the Jets unis. Everything is going to be re-branded. People are looking too far into the flight crew photo...

The lack of detail on the helmets all but squashes this for me. 

Why? It's using the same logo as this and black as the secondary color. It's a reasonable line of thinking.

8 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Why? It's using the same logo as this and black as the secondary color. It's a reasonable line of thinking.

It's not. A re-brand is a purge of anything prior to April 4. That flight crew logo/font has been used in recent past and a re-brand isn't going to recycle a logo used on the cheerleaders (no offense to them). The Jets are in the media hub of the NFL a cheerleader "class photo" is hardly the platform to expose any sort of branding details.  

32 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

It's not. A re-brand is a purge of anything prior to April 4. That flight crew logo/font has been used in recent past and a re-brand isn't going to recycle a logo used on the cheerleaders (no offense to them). The Jets are in the media hub of the NFL a cheerleader "class photo" is hardly the platform to expose any sort of branding details.  

Yeah. No way a director of marketing allows the new logo/designs to be used prior to the reveal in any way. Especially when the reveal is being worked up like it is. 

• Like 1

Also, keep in mind that "leak" doesn't have an official NFL logo on it. 

It could end up looking something like that. Someone clearly made it based on the info that has been trickling out, but I heard the helmet was black (or at least there is a black helmet alternate) and that logo is an attempt, but not what I expect it to be.