#JetsNewUnis

jetskid007

44 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Also, keep in mind that "leak" doesn't have an official NFL logo on it. 

It could end up looking something like that. Someone clearly made it based on the info that has been trickling out, but I heard the helmet was black (or at least there is a black helmet alternate) and that logo is an attempt, but not what I expect it to be.

I've heard black helmet too, but remember the players are only allowed to have 1 helmet the entire year unless damaged per the NFL safety rules on concussions. 

So probably not a black alternate. It will either be black or not at all. 

When they did the color rush unis all they did was change out the facemasks and apply new decals. 

This was posted on the Jetnation forum, from the sound of the people talking about the guy who posted it, he seems to have some credibility, seems to be quite a bit of detail too.. (as always, this recipe calls for salt)

Finally saw them today. They are... interesting. Way, way more futuristic than I thought they’d go. I don’t normally like black uniforms but yours are ******* sweet and something I never knew I wanted in the NFL.

(When asked about logo) It’s a bold “NY”. The whole set is way more representative of New York City than it is the Jets branding, and I actually really like that. The black set is even a love letter to the “City that never sleeps”. The new colors are “Big Apple Green”, “Jet Black”, and “LimeLight”. It’s definitely different, it’s striking, it’s not like anything in the NFL, and to me looks like a team tired of playing second fiddle ready to, well, embrace the limelight.

The numbers are probably my favorite part. Absolutely massive.

• Like 1

I'm so ready for this uni unveil. I was at the mall yesterday and they had some Darnold jerseys on sale. I was tempted, but with the new ones right around the corner I figured I'd wait.

Hope these things are awesome. Really wish they'd just show us already.

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

I think I'm going to go straight into a custom jersey this time. I've never had a custom jersey before. 

Custom is a great way to go. Never have to worry about the player leaving or turning into a bad player

50 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Custom is a great way to go. Never have to worry about the player leaving or turning into a bad player

Or if you're superstitious, jinxing the player you're wearing lol. 

Martin, Pennington, and Cotchery. You can mostly blame all of their injuries that ended their time with the Jets on the fact that I personally wore their jerseys at the moment they were hurt.... I have no plans to do the same with Darnold or Adam's. 

...Guess this means I should buy a Maccagnan jersey. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Johntyler82 said:

Or if you're superstitious, jinxing the player you're wearing lol. 

Martin, Pennington, and Cotchery. You can mostly blame all of their injuries that ended their time with the Jets on the fact that I personally wore their jerseys at the moment they were hurt.... I have no plans to do the same with Darnold or Adam's. 

...Guess this means I should buy a Maccagnan jersey. 

Do us all a favor and go buy a Brady Jersey. Lol

On 3/30/2019 at 5:09 PM, Johntyler82 said:

This was posted on the Jetnation forum, from the sound of the people talking about the guy who posted it, he seems to have some credibility, seems to be quite a bit of detail too.. (as always, this recipe calls for salt)

Finally saw them today. They are... interesting. Way, way more futuristic than I thought they’d go. I don’t normally like black uniforms but yours are ******* sweet and something I never knew I wanted in the NFL.

(When asked about logo) It’s a bold “NY”. The whole set is way more representative of New York City than it is the Jets branding, and I actually really like that. The black set is even a love letter to the “City that never sleeps”. The new colors are “Big Apple Green”, “Jet Black”, and “LimeLight”. It’s definitely different, it’s striking, it’s not like anything in the NFL, and to me looks like a team tired of playing second fiddle ready to, well, embrace the limelight.

they sound terrible

On 3/30/2019 at 5:09 PM, Johntyler82 said:

Although now that I'm re-reading this, it sounds like he is looking at that flight crew picture and describing their uniforms. 

1 hour ago, Johntyler82 said:

Although now that I'm re-reading this, it sounds like he is looking at that flight crew picture and describing their uniforms. 

He’s very descriptive in a way that the team will sell the change when viewing the uniforms. “A love letter to the city that never sleeps” that’s deep lol. I can’t wait til Thursday.