What in the ever loving hell do they want from Burfict

Futbudds

So Burfict is the recipient of a five game suspension where during the chiefs PRE-GOD;:)&!;)@SEASON GAME hit a fullback coming out of the backfield. While covering the back during a pass play it seems pretty (\?€^££{;)$&!;;!,,!%^*='cd) obvious that he is watching the quarterback and when he notices that the FREAKIN FULLBACK IS RUNNING STRAIGHT AT HIM he hits him shoulder to shoulder so that he doesn't get run over and knocked out of the play. But I guess the target on his back is bigger than whatever Goddell is trying to actually do with this league so here we are. Sounds like he will appeal.

16 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

They judge it a defenseless receiver.  Also, Burfict is 100% a target of the league. He needs to know that and play smarter. But yes, that hit was nbd.

You can say that, but the problem is that nearly every football player makes a bad hit every now and then.  He's one accidental helmet to helmet hit away from a year long suspension.

Yeah the hit was a little dirty.  But nothing even remotely worth 5 games.  RB's and FB's get laid out near the line of scrimmage like that all the time.  All the time.

The NFL isn't messing around anymore. That's why Ezekiel had such a harsh suspension. Burfict has had how many chances now, like 11? Imagine if this was a regular season game hit, he probably would of gotten 8 games.

I'm tired of people defending this idiot. Good players like him aren't even worth keeping around, because at the end of the day those type of guys will let you down.

I'm so happy he's a free agent next year, let some other stupid team overpay this guy so he doesn't come back. But then again, this is the Bengals we are talking about, he will probably come back because nobody will take him.

45 minutes ago, MrCincinnati said:

The NFL isn't messing around anymore. That's why Ezekiel had such a harsh suspension. Burfict has had how many chances now, like 11? Imagine if this was a regular season game hit, he probably would of gotten 8 games.

I'm tired of people defending this idiot. Good players like him aren't even worth keeping around, because at the end of the day those type of guys will let you down.

I'm so happy he's a free agent next year, let some other stupid team overpay this guy so he doesn't come back. But then again, this is the Bengals we are talking about, he will probably come back because nobody will take him.

I'm pretty sure the Bengals will be able to bring him back pretty cheap.

I think the frustrating thing is he plays football the way it was played for years. Now he can't play that way and I get it, but he shouldn't be vilified for it. He definitely needs to figure out how to be more careful, but this idea that he's some sort of monster because of this is absurd.

1 minute ago, Beck Bristow said:

I think the frustrating thing is he plays football the way it was played for years. Now he can't play that way and I get it, but he shouldn't be vilified for it. He definitely needs to figure out how to be more careful, but this idea that he's some sort of monster because of this is absurd.

Hard to not think about if he played for one of the more beloved teams "with a history of smash mouth football" what his reputation would look like.

It's time for Mike Brown to get involved.  Like seriously, get involved.  Like "We're not gotta take this anymore" involved.

Now that the shock of this is over, there is really only one clear-cut road to take. Mike Brown, the Dartmouth grad and Harvard Law School degreed lawyer, has to get involved.

Never before has the NFL took liberty like this. The target for Vontaze and this organization as a whole has been quite clear, but this time the NFL has no clear, decisive truth on the penalty levied against Burfict. Mike Brown was trained to poke holes in this kind of stuff. The man actually took on the IRS....And won. Brown needs to be the appointed representation for Burfict in the appeals hearing. If that isn't enough, Brown should file a series of injunctions and tie this up for a year or more in court. Look how long it took Brady to serve his suspension.

Brown should then do something very un-Brown-like. Go on a public tirade about it. Marvin Lewis, he of the competition committee, who also agrees that the hit is legal, should join the team at the appeal. Each should make a case as to why the hit was legal. And then make a case for how the league is continually targeting this franchise when it comes to the way it disciplines Burfict and how games are officiated. Make it public. Very public. The NFL has somewhat of an image problem. When the quietest of owners starts calling out the league offices, then people will take notice. And not just sports media. Advertisers notice, and P&G spends money on games. GE spends money on game advertising. I'm sure there are other locals that do, but I've lost touch to what's there now.

In the end, if our ownership just sits there and takes it, we will continue to be treated in the same way. Marvin can't worry about keeping his seat on the competition committee; it does us no favors having him on it when he refuses to speak out when things like this happen. I will say Lewis took the company line with the 3 game suspension, but if he does again, he's lost me forever.  This team needs it's most public figure to take a stand this time.  Marvin, the locker room is looking to you.

Ruffle some feathers. ACT outside the box and comfort zone. SHOW them that we aren't going to accept this business as usual nonsense they are pushing.

28 minutes ago, MrCincinnati said:

Maybe they should bring in Colin Kaepernick while the're at it too. I mean Mike Brown did say he wanted Kaepernick over Dalton. 

Different topic for a different thread, but I'm not opposed next off-season if McCarran is gone. 

Archived