2019 Draft Interest

soflbillsfan

I figured that we could keep a thread of particular updates of who the bills met with as they usually draft some guys if not all during the pre-draft process:

Bills have reportedly met with the following people at the combine:
Jonah Williams OT Bama,
Jawaan Taylor OT UF,
Kaleb McGary OT Washington, 
Greg Little OT Ole Miss
Dalton Risner OT WSU
Cody Ford OT Oklahoma
Bobby Evans OT Oklahoma
Dru Samia OG Oklahoma
Erik McCoy Center TAMU
Bryce Love RB Stanford
Alex Ingold FB Wisconsin
Josh Jacobs RB Bama

Hollywood Brown Wr Oklahoma
Kelvin Harmon Wr NC State
JJ Arcega-Whiteside WR Stanford
AJ Brown WR Ole Miss
DK Metcalf WR Ole Miss
Riley Ridley WR Bama
Emanuel Hall WR Mizzou
Isaac Nauta TE Georgia
Irv Smith TE Bama

Brian Burns DE FSU
Rashan Gary DE MIchigan

Bills get 30 pre-draft visits:
1. Maxx Crosby DL Eastern Michigan
2. Jace Strenberger TE TAMU
3. Ed Oliver DT Houston
4 Jaylon Ferguson DE Louisiana Tech
5 Nate Davis IOL Charlotte
6 Brian Burns DE FSU
7 Jawaan Taylor OT Florida
8 Montez Sweat DE Miss St

9 Joejuan Williams CB Vanderbilt
10. Elgton Jenkins C Miss St
11. Hamp Cheevers CB Boston College
12. Vosean Joseph LB UF
13. Tytus Howard OT Bama St
14. Rashan Gary DL Michigan
15. Josh Allen DE Kentucky
16. Khalen Saunders DT Western Illinois
17. Aj Brown WR Ole Miss
18. Dk Metcalf WR Ole Miss
19. Juan Thornhill S UVA
20. N'Keal Harry WR ASU
21. Greg Little OT Ole Miss
22. Darrell Henderson RB Memphis
23. Trevon Wesco TE WVU
24. Quinnen Williams DT Bama
25. Sean Bunting CB Central Michigan
26. Chauncey-Gardner Johnson S UF
27. Deebo Samuel WR South Carolina
N/A Amani Oruwariye CB Penn St (does not count against 30 visit since Penn St is in their territory)
N/A Shareef Miller DE Penn St (does not count)
N/A DeAndre Thompkins WR Penn St (does not count)
N/A Miles Sanders RB Penn St (does not count)

Devin Singletary RB FAU (Private Work Out)
Dawson Knox TE Ole Miss (Private Work Out)
Dru Samia G Oklahoma (Private Work Out)
Gary Jennings WR WVU (Private Workout)
Kaleb McGary OT Wash. (Private Workout)
Kingsley Keke DL TAMU (Private Workout)
Nick Easley WR Iowa (Private Workout)
Curtis Akins LB Memphis (Private Workout)
Casey Bednarski K Minn Mankato (Private Workout)

If anyone hears of any guys being brought in for a visit or notable members such as Beane/ McDermott/Joe Schoen/Dan Morgan/Terrance Gray at their pro day let me know so we can compile a list of all the guys they have showed interest in.

Edited by soflbillsfan
Addition to Visits

Bills have met with at their pro day:

Blessaun Austin CB Rutgers
Kiy Hester S Rutgers
Jaylon Ferguson DE La Tech
Kyle Phillips DE Tenn
Dru Samia OG Oklahoma

It seems majority of guys they have been reviewing outside the combine has been on the defensive side of the ball, I think this will be a defense heavily drafted team this year. 

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Bills have met with at their pro day:

Blessaun Austin CB Rutgers
Kiy Hester S Rutgers
Jaylon Ferguson DE La Tech
Kyle Phillips DE Tenn
Dru Samia OG Oklahoma

It seems majority of guys they have been reviewing outside the combine has been on the defensive side of the ball, I think this will be a defense heavily drafted team this year. 

I think we'll get a bit of both sides of the ball.

At 9 we have to go defense. This draft is so deep at WR, TE, RB that we have to capitalize on the high end defensive talent at 9. Whether it's Edge or DT remains to be seen.

• Like 1

The more and more it seems like they are focusing on defensive right now. Outside of Oliver the prospect they have been seeking are mid rd picks so maybe they are looking to go Oliver at 9 if not move back to gain more picks in mid rounds to land some of these guys. Interesting to see them hold a workout for Singletary considering he is projected in rd 2-3 and is the 3-4 th best rb in the draft

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

The more and more it seems like they are focusing on defensive right now. Outside of Oliver the prospect they have been seeking are mid rd picks so maybe they are looking to go Oliver at 9 if not move back to gain more picks in mid rounds to land some of these guys. Interesting to see them hold a workout for Singletary considering he is projected in rd 2-3 and is the 3-4 th best rb in the draft

Another DL I have seen them linked too is Tillery from ND. Wonder if he is the backup plan for round 2 if they can't land Oliver at 9.

12 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Another DL I have seen them linked too is Tillery from ND. Wonder if he is the backup plan for round 2 if they can't land Oliver at 9.

I have heard that they are interested in him and Cashman LB from Minnesota but nothing official has come up on whether or not they will visit or have a private workout. Still a month left before the draft to get more guys in for visits.

52 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Christian Wilkins is a hot name for us too. He's a process guy through and through. 

Not as flashy as I'd like but I think he's plan B at 9 if Oliver is gone. 

21 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Christian Wilkins is a hot name for us too. He's a process guy through and through. 

Not as flashy as I'd like but I think he's plan B at 9 if Oliver is gone. 

thats my biggest worry is being set on a player like Ed Oliver and end up settling for the plan B at the position. I want them to go in and have their plan A which is Ed Oliver and if hes gone go after plan A in pass rusher not plan B at the same position. Go for the Best Player Available mentality not the next best thing at a position of need just because their top player was off the board. We did that in several drafts in the past by settling for the position and not the player. I believe Whitner was one of the examples where they wanted Huff and Riaders took him a spot before so they scrambled and took Whitner. Essentially missing out on guys like Ngata which was also a need back then too. I dont think Beane will settle for a guy like Wilkins unless they see him as the BPA after Oliver. Beane has had some misses throughout his process but have been minor ones, and hasnt really messed up on key components which i hope he continues this offseason by going the BPA route at 9 or trade back. Dont settle for a guy just because it is a need. We can get by with jordan phillips and star, with Harrison playing back up not to mention other guys in FA still out there who can contribute at that position like Mo Wilkerson.

Edited by soflbillsfan

15 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

thats my biggest worry is being set on a player like Ed Oliver and end up settling for the plan B at the position. I want them to go in and have their plan A which is Ed Oliver and if hes gone go after plan A in pass rusher not plan B at the same position. Go for the Best Player Available mentality not the next best thing at a position of need just because their top player was off the board. We did that in several drafts in the past by settling for the position and not the player. I believe Whitner was one of the examples where they wanted Huff and Riaders took him a spot before so they scrambled and took Whitner. Essentially missing out on guys like Ngata which was also a need back then too. I dont think Beane will settle for a guy like Wilkins unless they see him as the BPA after Oliver. Beane has had some misses throughout his process but have been minor ones, and hasnt really messed up on key components which i hope he continues this offseason by going the BPA route at 9 or trade back. Dont settle for a guy just because it is a need. We can get by with jordan phillips and star, with Harrison playing back up not to mention other guys in FA still out there who can contribute at that position like Mo Wilkerson.

Wilkins wouldn't really be settling though. He's a top 20 prospect. His off-field pluses and overall character will elevate him for us specifically to the point where I think he'd be worth the pick (if that's truly the direction we go).

I'd still consider him a potential BPA regardless of his position. 

The Draft Network has him ranked 15th overall for what it's worth.

Bills were at ASU pro day today and is scheduled to meet with N'Keal Harry...Wouldn't mind him at pick 40 if hes available.

Also Monteaz Sweat has said he is meeting with the bills.

Jawaan Taylor will be visiting Buffalo some time next week. Expect him to be added to the list of 30 players once it is official.

Edited by soflbillsfan
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Bills were at ASU pro day today and is scheduled to meet with N'Keal Harry...Wouldn't mind him at pick 40 if hes available.

Also Monteaz Sweat has said he is meeting with the bills.

Jawaan Taylor will be visiting Buffalo some time next week. Expect him to be added to the list of 30 players once it is official.

I am a fan of all of this.

Also Beane is going to the Houston pro day tomorrow.