2019 Draft Interest

soflbillsfan

It's funny how the consensus guy switches every week for us in mock drafts. First Metcalf, than last week seemed to be Christian Wilkens, now I'm seeing alot Rashan Gary mocked to us.

What would thoughts be if we grabbed Gary at 9?

Still all over Ed Oliver as well and I'm getting fristrated with everyone having us pass on Oliver lol. He's such a perfect fit/need

Edited by BillsGuy82

2 hours ago, Buffalo Fan said:

Honestly I don't think we can go wrong at 9 I still think 2 QB's will be drafted ahead of us which will leave us with a great player at 9!!!  I can't wait for the draft

We're guaranteed a excellent prospect at 9, but this draft is so stacked top 60 that a trade back adding a 2nd would be an excellent move.

If we were to trade back to 15 (Washington) lets say and grab a additional 2nd, we'd still be almost guaranteed 1 of Wilkens, Hockenson, Metcalf, Burns,  Dillard etc at 15

We're in a nice draft slot at 9

13 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

It's funny how the consensus guy switches every week for us in mock drafts. First Metcalf, than last week seemed to be Christian Wilkens, now I'm seeing alot Rashan Gary mocked to us.

What would thoughts be if we grabbed Gary at 9?

Still all over Ed Oliver as well and I'm getting fristrated with everyone having us pass on Oliver lol. He's such a perfect fit/need

Im not a fan of this...Reason why is he reminds me way to much of Shaq Lawson. He has excelled against the run but has lacked pass rush, which is essentially Shaq. Both technique of getting to the passer is inadequate. Cover 1 breaks down the film and you can see how he struggles against the pass but is solid against the run at the college level. I would rather go Sweat or Burns over Gary if I had to chose from the 3 pass rushers outside of Bosa and Allen. Ideally im sticking with my top 2 guys Oliver and White, if both are gone by 9 and an offer to trade back is on the table take it. If not I would have to settle for Jawaan Taylor or Tj Hockenson over Gary at 9.

24 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

BEANE AND MCDERMOTT ARE AT THE HOUSTON PRO DAY!

Im not concerned about the bills liking Oliver I am more concerned that him falling to 9. He is a top 5 talent in the draft a lot has to happen in order for the bills to have a shot at him without moving up

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Im not concerned about the bills liking Oliver I am more concerned that him falling to 9. He is a top 5 talent in the draft a lot has to happen in order for the bills to have a shot at him without moving up

I am concerned as well, but there's a lot of talent in the top 10. QBs are going to dictate a lot of what falls for us.

I think the concerning teams that will take him are Oakland (4), Tampa (5) and Detroit (8). Moreso the 5 and 8 spots.

14 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

I am concerned as well, but there's a lot of talent in the top 10. QBs are going to dictate a lot of what falls for us.

I think the concerning teams that will take him are Oakland (4), Tampa (5) and Detroit (8). Moreso the 5 and 8 spots.

Well if giants end up landing Rosen as things are being discussed then I could see Giants at 6 looking at him and the Jaguars at 7 could be an option too as they let Malik Jackson go and Dareus only has a year left on his deal so they could want to take a BPA approach at 7. As I have mentioned Bosa, Williams, Allen, White, Oliver are the top 5 players in the draft that are not qbs. If Giants do end up getting Rosen, lets hope they go another position maybe metcalf or taylor at 6, and someone moves up to get haskins ahead of buffalo.