2019 Draft Interest

soflbillsfan

20 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

What would thoughts be if we whiff on Ed Oliver grabbing Jeffrey Simmons if he's available at 40 even though he'll miss this season?

I would only do this if Ed oliver is not there, the seahawks are willing to swap 1st round picks for Frank Clark  and the bills address the planned need in the 2nd rd at pick 21. They then can sign someone who is still in free agency fairly cheap like Mo Wilkerson or Suh (doubt him more then any player simply because he isnt a guy who wants to spend a year in Buffalo as it messes with his "branding"). Bills are currently at 31 mil in cap space with guys like bodine and ducasse still on the roster which both can be let go to clear another 4+ mil so they would have plenty of cap to make all this if they wanted but i do not see beane making the move.

4 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I would only do this if Ed oliver is not there, the seahawks are willing to swap 1st round picks for Frank Clark  and the bills address the planned need in the 2nd rd at pick 21. They then can sign someone who is still in free agency fairly cheap like Mo Wilkerson or Suh (doubt him more then any player simply because he isnt a guy who wants to spend a year in Buffalo as it messes with his "branding"). Bills are currently at 31 mil in cap space with guys like bodine and ducasse still on the roster which both can be let go to clear another 4+ mil so they would have plenty of cap to make all this if they wanted but i do not see beane making the move.

I got a little lost following this post. This is how I have it broken down.

Trade Pick 9 to Seattle for pick 21 and Frank Clarke. Then Select Simmons at this pick?

The in round 2 address DL again? 

As for your point about the cap space, I am right there with yeah. Beane is hanging onto this much in case a deal goes down for Clarke or G. McCoy or whomever for the defense. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I got a little lost following this post. This is how I have it broken down.

Trade Pick 9 to Seattle for pick 21 and Frank Clarke. Then Select Simmons at this pick?

The in round 2 address DL again? 

As for your point about the cap space, I am right there with yeah. Beane is hanging onto this much in case a deal goes down for Clarke or G. McCoy or whomever for the defense. 

Sorry, billsguy said simmons at 40. So I said I would do this by trading pick 9 to seattle for pick 21 and Clark. Pick 21 take the position you were planning on going with at pick 40 ie WR, TE, or OL. So you filled your pass rusher and one of the other possible needs, with assumption that Wilkins is off the board come pick 21. Then at pick 40 if simmons is there take him if not look for another DT. 

wishful fan thinking is Oliver is off the board and they make the deal with seattle. Then trade the bucs a 4th or 5th rd pick for Gerald Mccoy and take picks 21 and 40 to land the best offensive players possible whether it is TE, WR, and/or OL. Extend both McCoy and Clark solidifying the dline for a few more years. Contract can be made to pay both this year and long term. As they will have over 70 mil in cap space next year. 

3 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Sorry, billsguy said simmons at 40. So I said I would do this by trading pick 9 to seattle for pick 21 and Clark. Pick 21 take the position you were planning on going with at pick 40 ie WR, TE, or OL. So you filled your pass rusher and one of the other possible needs, with assumption that Wilkins is off the board come pick 21. Then at pick 40 if simmons is there take him if not look for another DT. 

I got you now. I like the idea and it seems realistic. 

I am beginning to believe more and more we go DL at 40 (barring a trade for McCoy or Clarke ahead of the pick or Oliver being there at 9) due to the potential value there: Tillery, Simmons, Dexter Lawrence, DreMont Jones.

29 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I got you now. I like the idea and it seems realistic. 

I am beginning to believe more and more we go DL at 40 (barring a trade for McCoy or Clarke ahead of the pick or Oliver being there at 9) due to the potential value there: Tillery, Simmons, Dexter Lawrence, DreMont Jones.

I could definitely see that being the case unless they fall in love with Oliver. 

Only 48 hours till I'll be in Nashville for the draft. I'm going to try and go to the Good Morning Football live show on Thursday. I cannot wait, I feel like there is going to be a ton of Bills fans there.

2 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I could definitely see that being the case unless they fall in love with Oliver. 

Only 48 hours till I'll be in Nashville for the draft. I'm going to try and go to the Good Morning Football live show on Thursday. I cannot wait, I feel like there is going to be a ton of Bills fans there.

Seems to be well known that Oliver is the apple of Buffalo's eye around league circles. Even so that if he is there at 8, the Falcons have a trade on the table with the Lions. 

Seems to be well known that Oliver is the apple of Buffalo's eye around league circles. Even so that if he is there at 8, the Falcons have a trade on the table with the Lions. 

Haven't seen that before. There is honestly no prospect that we have a realistic shot at in this draft that I'm desperate to get. I'm good with trading down or taking whoever the front office thinks is there guy. 

13 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Wouldn't mind it at all. If we give Josh a legit TE he's got all he could ask for outside of true #1 receiver. 

Agreed.

Though I'll say if we add Hockenson our offense will begin to resemble what Daboll was around in NE where a #1 WR wasn't necessarily needed as they got their mismatches elsewhere. 

Edelman - Beasley
Gronk - Hockenson
Amendola - Brown
Hogan - Foster
Mitchell/LaFell - Zay Jones
RB by committee. 

Edited by Trentwannabe

Agreed.

Though I'll say if we add Hockenson our offense will begin to resemble what Daboll was around in NE where a #1 WR wasn't necessarily needed as they got their mismatches elsewhere. 

Edelman - Beasley
Gronk - Hockenson
Amendola - Brown
Hogan - Foster
Mitchell/LaFell - Zay Jones
RB by committee. 

I love that all of the moves the Bills have made this season are all very logical on paper. It doesnt necessarily mean it will translate but all of their thinking and decision makes sense to me. That's a pretty odd thing for a Bills fan to experience.