2019 Draft Interest

soflbillsfan

8 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Cardinals - Murray (lock)

49ers - Bosa (lock)

Jets - Allen (I think this is a lock, but Quinnen has to be in play)

Raiders - Oliver or Quinnen unless Josh Allen falls

Bucs - Devin White (lock)

Giants - We all praying for a QB

Jags - Jawaan Taylor or Hockenson, Metcalf imo (shocked if they go DL)

Lions - Oliver or Quinnen make most sense but they need other **** as well. Montez Sweat is legit here

Bills - Leaves us in a great position and imo **** the draft charts here. If someone wants to move up the convo starts with a 2nd this year + but were all but guaranteed one of Oliver, Quinnen, Wilkins or Sweat.. All needs for us

If Giants take Lock or Haskins, this entire forum collectively gets warm and fuzzy

Why would you be shocked if they go dline? They let Jackson go and Dareus is on his last year not to mention that they have to pay Yannick and Ramsey next offseason with little cap space and Calias is over 31 years old. All in all they can easily go DLine just like the Giants passing on Haskins. They may be putting up a smokescreen on wanting Eli through 2020 season but his stats werent all that bad to say he is the problem and they desperately need pass rushers more then a qb at this point. Tosay that White is a lock in TB isnt true either as they may look to move on from McCoy and what better way to do that is get the most dominant DT in the draft.  Quinnen Williams falling to 9 would be the biggest blunder of this draft. All in all im starting to realize that both Oliver and Williams will be gone early leaving the bills with an option of 2nd tier defenseman or Hockenson. Im not buying an olineman because the bills picked up 6 this offseason, whether we think they are perfect fits or not this is something they focused on early and I do not see them investing a top pick on one now. My personal opinion is Metcalf stock was over rated and now its dropping back to a mid to lower 1st rd pick.

8 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I'd be disappointed taking OL at 9 especially if it's not Taylor. Lots of quality OL in rounds 3-4

We need to capatilize on the DL quality... Even without Ed Oliver, Christian Wilkins is a fantastic consolation and a very safe prospect. The kid chose to go back to Auburn while being imo a lock top 20 DL last draft. That's character

Yea he chose to go back to Clemson but that doesnt mean he is worth the 9th overall pick. Im not saying I would hate it but i would trade back in the low teens and still be able to land him while grabbing an extra 2nd or 3rd rd pick

5 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Yea he chose to go back to Clemson but that doesnt mean he is worth the 9th overall pick. Im not saying I would hate it but i would trade back in the low teens and still be able to land him while grabbing an extra 2nd or 3rd rd pick

I was talking about his character. How do you confuse that?

He's worth the 9th overall pick because he's a stud interior DL

20 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I was talking about his character. How do you confuse that?

He's worth the 9th overall pick because he's a stud interior DL

did i question the character comment? You said he decided to go back to Auburn, I simply corrected you on that and then said is he worth taking at 9 because he went back? To me character is meh, yes leadership is always a plus but is he really a stud or is it a product of the dline he has had. It is different with people like Oliver who had no top tier talent around him compared to a guy who had people like Shaq Lawson and Dodd wreaking havoc on the college level then completely flopping at the NFL level. Then he has had Lawrence and Ferrell who are also being discussed as top 15 prospects. So to make myself a bit more clear is he worth the 9th overall pick or is it merely a product of Clemson producing a solid Dline corps consistently over the past several years? I ask the same about Jonah Williams, as the Oline for Bama were majority 5 star blue chip players at the college level, can either Williams or Wilkins perform at a high level without the top talent around them? 

In recent days/weeks I've kind of fallen off of the Metcalf hype train. Hoping we don't aim for him at 9. Sure he seems great for someone to run the go route, but outside of that, can he run a full route tree? And if he can, can he do it at NFL speed?? Being an amazing athlete is great and all, but if you cant apply that to being a great football player, that's not worthy of a high draft selection IMO. Size and speed can only get you so far.

Well Brian Burns the other day mentioned that we are one of the teams showing the most interest. We tried to sign Ziggy Ansah but there are questions on his health. Before free agency there was a rumor that Bills will try to add a pass rusher in a unique way. Looking at Predraft visits and combine interviews. It appears that Burns so far is one of two people who got both.

I could imagine us reaching for Brian Burns. I like him as a player but not at 9. Especially with how talented the defensive players are in this draft.

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I don't know much about Burns but a trade back and then taking him would be awesome. 

If we stay at 9 I would hope we were landing Sweat or OIiver.

One thing I do not like about Burns is he fakes injuries to slow no huddle offenses. I don't like that from him. Watched him live on Carrier Dome. And he just sat down in the middle of the ring at least 5 times in that game. But he is really really good

17 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

One thing I do not like about Burns is he fakes injuries to slow no huddle offenses. I don't like that from him. Watched him live on Carrier Dome. And he just sat down in the middle of the ring at least 5 times in that game. But he is really really good

That is a ploy on the Noles coaching staff to slow down the offense. That is the one thing I dislike about college football is the ability to do that. It happened against FSU alot so the coach started implementing in to their defense which you saw first hand live. His weight is still bit of an issue to me but his work ethic and ability to get to the qb is a huge plus.

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

DK Metcalf and Elgton jenkins are in Buffalo today.

Maxx Crosby and Jawaan Taylor also set to visit.

We are up to 21 known visits so far and around 10 private work outs for guys who have yet to be talked about as pre-draft visits, not to mention all of the combine and pro day players they met with.

Per Ryan Talbot,

Up to date list of top 30 visits and private workouts.

Top 30:
OL Greg Little
S Chauncey Gardner Johnson
TE Trevon Wesco 
C Elgton Jenkins
CB Hamp Cheevers
LB Vosean Joseph
OT Tyus Howard
DL Rashan Gary
DE Josh Allen
DE Jaylon Ferguson
DT Khalen Saunders
WR AJ Brown
WR DK Metcalf
S Juan Thornhill
WR N'Keal Harry
DE Montez Sweat
OT Jawaan Taylor
DE Brian Burns
TE Jace Sternberger
CB Joejuan Williams
DT Ed Oliver
DE Maxx Crosby
OL Nate Davis
CB Amani Oruwariye

Private Workouts:
OT Kaleb McGary
DL Kingsley Keke
RB Devin Singletary
TE Dawson Knox
OG Dru Samia
WR Nick Easley
LB Curtis Akins
K Casey Bednarski

• Like 1

Daniel Jeremiah has said the Bills covet Jonah Williams and that he has heard that from several people around the league. Wind the clocks back a year and he was one of the first to publicly link the Bills to Josh Allen.

Draft Analyst Tony Pauline echoed this statement and added that Andre Dillard and Ed Oliver are also in the mix should they be available. He also said the Bills are a team who view Williams as a LT (Many pundits still believe Dawkins is a better fit at G or RT).

Here is the article: https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/04/2019-nfl-draft-its-a-three-horse-race-for-buffalo-bills-first-round-pick-report.html