2019 Draft Interest

soflbillsfan

If Tyree Jackson was available in the 5th or later would anyone be upset if the bills take him? Bills may have their franchise qb but why not reach out and get a guy who has the physical tools Allen has and polish it up? Worse case they dump a 3rd day pick like most teams do but they can end up with a project that may pan out for them as a back up, or a trade chip for the future.

34 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

If Tyree Jackson was available in the 5th or later would anyone be upset if the bills take him? Bills may have their franchise qb but why not reach out and get a guy who has the physical tools Allen has and polish it up? Worse case they dump a 3rd day pick like most teams do but they can end up with a project that may pan out for them as a back up, or a trade chip for the future.

I'd rather just grab Dungey as an UDFA and see what happens.

Unless we trade back in round 1 and acquire more picks I don't want to waste a pick in the middle round, in a very deep class for DL and S. I have also never bought into the idea that a backup QB needs to be a similar build or style. 

14 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

"BPA" is obviously subjective, but regardless, Beane is awesome for saying it so blunt haha.

i like this because it could mean a lot of things, the bills can go any direction at 9, they can also move up or move down to get the guys they want not only in the 1st round.

20 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I'd be ok with Tyree Jackson, I like UB WR Anthony Johnson as well.

It'll be cool if we got both in later rounds

42 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Happy dance!

i think it is clear that Ed Oliver is the top option for fans and very interesting prospect that the bills would like to have. With that said I do not see him making it to 9 in the draft and that involves moving up for him. If they are going to move up to get him they might as well go for bosa, williams, or allen. 

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

i think it is clear that Ed Oliver is the top option for fans and very interesting prospect that the bills would like to have. With that said I do not see him making it to 9 in the draft and that involves moving up for him. If they are going to move up to get him they might as well go for bosa, williams, or allen. 

With the number of picks we have I'd consider moving up if he falls to the 5-7 range. He's that good and that perfect of a fit for us. 

Would likely cost us just a 3rd and 5th to move up. We have two 4s and two 5s, can package those in some way if we need/see a guy of need in round 3 to get that pick back. 

1 hour ago, NickChowaniec said:

With the number of picks we have I'd consider moving up if he falls to the 5-7 range. He's that good and that perfect of a fit for us. 

Would likely cost us just a 3rd and 5th to move up. We have two 4s and two 5s, can package those in some way if we need/see a guy of need in round 3 to get that pick back. 

I’m against a trade up for a defensive player in this draft. Too stacked. 

I’m all in on TJ tbqh. Tj round one, Butler round 2. Sign Ansah.  Maybe trade for a DT. Get it done Beane 

1 hour ago, NickChowaniec said:

We gave up two 2nd rd picks last year to go 5 spots, i expect a 2nd minimum to go from 9 to 5 but I do not see the bills making that move with TB nor GIants as they both need dlineman and knowing the bills were moving up for oliver has to mean they dont care for him at the pick. The pot may have to be sweetened in order for them to take a fall from 5 or 6 to 9th. Also Jags could be looking at dlineman too at 7 with the long term needs at Dt and De. Its going to be tough to move up to get a guy like Oliver for just a 3rd rd pick that early on in the draft.

I think last years trade can't be used as a starting point as everyone who trades up for a QB always has to overpay.

That said, I don't want to trade up either. Tillery in round 2 or Gerald Willis in round 3 is better value than trading up for a DL (simply because of how deep the class is).

22 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

We gave up two 2nd rd picks last year to go 5 spots, i expect a 2nd minimum to go from 9 to 5 but I do not see the bills making that move with TB nor GIants as they both need dlineman and knowing the bills were moving up for oliver has to mean they dont care for him at the pick. The pot may have to be sweetened in order for them to take a fall from 5 or 6 to 9th. Also Jags could be looking at dlineman too at 7 with the long term needs at Dt and De. Its going to be tough to move up to get a guy like Oliver for just a 3rd rd pick that early on in the draft.

Trade values depend entirely on the positional strengths of the draft. Sort of like supply and demand... the demand for the premium position of QB inflates the value of any pick in the top 10. You definitely have to overpay. This year is different, there aren't as many QB-needy teams nor are there as many QBs worth moving up for. Moving from 9 to 5 would probably cost a 2nd. But I think you can definitely convince 6/7 to take a 3rd and 5th depending what they're looking at. If the Giants want Sweat at 6 they can probably still get him at 9 while acquiring another two picks. 

Even last year, despite what we actually paid, I remember people overvaluing the cost to move up thinking we'd absolutely need to throw in a future 1st to get where we did. 

34 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I’m against a trade up for a defensive player in this draft. Too stacked. 

I’m all in on TJ tbqh. Tj round one, Butler round 2. Sign Ansah.  Maybe trade for a DT. Get it done Beane 

I like Hockenson a lot (he's 2 on my board) but I'm still weary of spending a top 10 pick on a TE when you can have a stud DT. Ensuring you get him by giving up a couple mid round picks is ok with me. I like a lot of the TEs in round 2 as well.

Ideally I'd like to walk away with Oliver in round 1, Harry/Harmon in round 2 and Dawson Knox/Jace Sternberger in round 3. 

That said... if Oliver is gone and we go Hockenson in round 1, Harry/Harmon/Tillery in round 2 and WR/Wren/Willis in round 3. I'm ok with that too. 

1 minute ago, NickChowaniec said:

Trade values depend entirely on the positional strengths of the draft. Sort of like supply and demand... the demand for the premium position of QB inflates the value of any pick in the top 10. You definitely have to overpay. This year is different, there aren't as many QB-needy teams nor are there as many QBs worth moving up for. Moving from 9 to 5 would probably cost a 2nd. But I think you can definitely convince 6/7 to take a 3rd and 5th depending what they're looking at. If the Giants want Sweat at 6 they can probably still get him at 9 while acquiring another two picks. 

Even last year I remember people overvaluing the cost to move up thinking we'd absolutely need to throw in a future 1st to get where we did. 

I like Hockenson a lot (he's 2 on my board) but I'm still weary of spending a top 10 pick on a TE when you can have a stud DT. Ensuring you get him by giving up a couple mid round picks is ok with me. I like a lot of the TEs in round 2 as well.

Ideally I'd like to walk away with Oliver in round 1, Harry/Harmon in round 2 and Dawson Knox/Jace Sternberger in round 3. 

That said... if Oliver is gone and we go Hockenson in round 1, Harry/Harmon/Tillery in round 2 and WR/Wren/Willis in round 3. I'm ok with that too. 

I’m in still not sold on our receivers. I’m just not. Hockenson would be incredible for Josh. Absolutely incredible. And on top of that he’s a great blocker which is also something we need help in. I’m all in.

15 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I’m in still not sold on our receivers. I’m just not. Hockenson would be incredible for Josh. Absolutely incredible. And on top of that he’s a great blocker which is also something we need help in. I’m all in.

Ebron was said to be this beast and I remember some people wanting him and he has turned out to be meh, he was a bust for Detroit but is making a comeback with Indy. I just cant jump on a Te at 9 its something that isnt ideal. If they trade down and hes still there then go for it but not at 9 when the bills have so many other more important needs. I truly believe the 3 tech DT is the most important position to hit on in the draft because the bills lost such a great player in kyle williams and no one currently on that team will come close to filling the void of the position let alone the player. Pass rush is also a huge hole and issue as the bills had one of the worst pass rushing corps in the league last year and they didnt improve on this at all during Free Agency. My personal opinion those holes trump a Te position.

23 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Ebron was said to be this beast and I remember some people wanting him and he has turned out to be meh, he was a bust for Detroit but is making a comeback with Indy. I just cant jump on a Te at 9 its something that isnt ideal. If they trade down and hes still there then go for it but not at 9 when the bills have so many other more important needs. I truly believe the 3 tech DT is the most important position to hit on in the draft because the bills lost such a great player in kyle williams and no one currently on that team will come close to filling the void of the position let alone the player. Pass rush is also a huge hole and issue as the bills had one of the worst pass rushing corps in the league last year and they didnt improve on this at all during Free Agency. My personal opinion those holes trump a Te position.

I, too, doubt Oliver falls to us at 9, but if by some miracle he does, we have to pounce on him. As you said, the need is great and the player is just too good. He should be a no-brainer if we get lucky enough to see him. As for Hockenson, I have no problem taking a TE - at least a COMPLETE one like him - in the top 10. If he was a 1-trick pony, I'd agree with you and in fact would be arguing that a player like that should be held off from drafting until at least the 2nd round. TJ does it all though and given who we currently have signed, would result in the biggest upgrade at any position on our team. His ability to block benefits the ground game. His ability to catch benefits our receiving corps. This improves 2 aspects of our offense with just one player! That just makes a ton of sense to me. I know you had White as your 2nd option at #9 and I also had him, but as my 4th option. Truth is, I would not complain one bit (I'd still say that I would have taken TJ though) if the FO took White over TJ. That guy is a stud and would set us up with a very high quality LB corps for years. Still, IMHO White is also a longshot to be there at 9. If these 3 were gone, I'd go back to focusing on the OL. I understand your interest in a DE to improve the pass rush, but I just don't see McDermott scheming to free the ends up to rush the QB. I really wish he did as it takes pressure off of our secondary, but I've never seen evidence that he is willing to do that other than on the barest of minimum snaps. Because of that, upgrading the OL with quality, young talent makes more sense to me with that pick than a DE and gives Josh a better chance at improving his game.

Archived