Eagles sign DT Malik Jackson 3/30M per Schefty

Jroc04

2 minutes ago, AustrianEagle said:

we will go BPA, so it.can be Lawrence. as for Tillery, i dont think he is a top 25 player in this draft.

i am sure we can get out of the jackson-deal in a year or two. now i like simmons im the second a lot more.

You are wrong about Tillery. He's my #3 DT after Quinnen and Oliver (Would be #4 if Simmons was healthy) and a top 20 player in this class. I have him ranked higher than Wilkins and Lawrence.

Edited by Jeezla

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

You are wrong about Tillery. He's my #3 DT after Quinnen and Oliver (Would be #4 if Simmons was healthy) and a top 20 player in this class. I have him ranked higher than Wilkins and Lawrence.

you have him that high, we will see where the nfl has him ;)

10 minutes ago, AustrianEagle said:

you have him that high, we will see where the nfl has him ;)

I don't care where the NFL has him. He deserves to go round 1. Maybe he goes round 2, but that doesn't mean he won't outperform/be better than DT's taken in round 1. 

Tillery is the Kawann Short of this draft. He's going to be the 5th DT taken, but outperform or at least be as good as every DT drafted in front of him.

Edited by Jeezla

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

great signing malik is better than timmy even when timmy is fully healthy.

Need to maybe make a run at a linebacker maybe Bynes the guy the cardinals cut.

Because he was cut, we will almost certainly bring him in on a howie special.

46 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yep Indy and the Jags IMO. Knows the system,  knows Flip and obviously  has chemistry  with Nick!!

I feel like the colts really need a slot wr and the jags need everything but slot wr. The jags whole wr core is 4 guys who should be competing for 1 slot wr spot. They don't need nelly added to that pot of suck outside wr's. They need a dk metcalf or hakeem butler or both. 

8 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I don't care where the NFL has him. He deserves to go round 1. Maybe he goes round 2, but that doesn't mean he won't outperform/be better than DT's taken in round 1. 

Tillery is the Kawann Short of this draft. He's going to be the 5th DT taken, but outperform or at least be as good as every DT drafted in front of him.

Pretty impressive what he did with a major injury the whole year. 

That being said I hope everything about him being a knucklehead off the field and  turd in the locker room are something he can get past. 

7 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Pretty impressive what he did with a major injury the whole year. 

That being said I hope everything about him being a knucklehead off the field and  turd in the locker room are something he can get past. 

I didn't know he was a doofus. Haven't really read about him, just watched him. 

Well, he is definitely a good player. But with the 6m dead money from Timmy's release + Jackson's first year cap hit, I am not sure it was worth from a money perspective. And I thought that was the reason why Jernigan was let go. 

Also on a side note, these backloaded contracts will haunt the Eagles in the coming years...