Eagles sign DT Malik Jackson 3/30M per Schefty

Jroc04

1 minute ago, ianlewis16 said:

Interested to see the guarantees (around 10 mill i'd imagine). My take is that this is basically a one year deal as we make another run. DT in the first is definitely not out of the question still 

Pretty much. Not to mention it doesn't count against the comp pick formula since he was cut.

• Like 2

I'm down for it..while there are players that are better out there at other positions (Houston/Mosley) 
This was our biggest need. 

I would imagine the deal is likely a two year $18 million deal in reality. They'll take Simmons round two and redshirt him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ianlewis16 said:

good point. comp picks formula probably needs rethinking at some point

Probably.
It's the chess game that good teams play while the bottom teams are playing connect four...especially now that you can trade them it really makes the rich stay rich.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

That’s quite a dent in the cap now. 

Hope we just get D-Jax and cut Aggy. 

I think we could find a team to unload Nelly on if we had to, one of these teams with crazy cap space and a young QB that needs weapons.

Just now, Kiltman said:

I think we could find a team to unload Nelly on if we had to, one of these teams with crazy cap space and a young QB that needs weapons.

Buffalo makes the most sense - they need a veteran receiver and they have the room to take him on.

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

10m per is a lot for a DT who struggles to stop the run and has declining pass rush productivity.

Guess we won't be drafting Tillery or Lawrence in round 1.

we will go BPA, so it.can be Lawrence. as for Tillery, i dont think he is a top 25 player in this draft.

i am sure we can get out of the jackson-deal in a year or two. now i like simmons im the second a lot more.