Sign in to follow this  
RaidersAreOne

Raiders sign LT/RT Trent Brown (4 years, $66 M)

Highest paid offensive lineman in NFL history? How much cap space will we have after that deal? There really wasn't much in FA in terms of OT this year so we had to do it.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

I don't think you're going to want to pay a guy $66M to be a RT so I could definitely see Miller sliding back to the right side.

Awesome news!! 

Was one of the free agents I had hoped we target.

Very happy with the signing, I think Miller will still have the chance to earn the LT position, but now we got a backup plan incase he doesn't seize it. 

I'm not sure about this, Patriot's players usually are poisoned goods. We'll see if this is a bust or not but I'm not sold.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think you're going to want to pay a guy $66M to be a RT so I could definitely see Miller sliding back to the right side.

Considering the pass rushers in our division, RT is just as valuable as LT. 

Cautiously optimistic. Makes last years draft look like even more of a failure.

I don't know a lot about Brown except he had weight concerns in SF, ended up in NE and had a heck of a year. But this is Oakland and Tom Cable. Further, how's he fit the scheme at 355 pounds!? 

Brown - Jackson - Hudson - Parker - Miller

Can Parker play RG. He has been living with Gabe Jackson all offseason. Maybe that was by design. 

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Cautiously optimistic. Makes last years draft look like even more of a failure.

I don't know a lot about Brown except he had weight concerns in SF, ended up in NE and had a heck of a year. But this is Oakland and Tom Cable. Further, how's he fit the scheme at 355 pounds!? 

I’m a bit concerned that the two guys we’ve brought in so far are the highest paid at their positions in the league.  We have a lot of holes to fill and depth to build.  Can’t do that if we spend all our cap space on a couple of guys.  We need to get some good value signings in now to make this a successful FA.