Raiders sign LT/RT Trent Brown (4 years, $66 M)

RaidersAreOne

41 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Let’s play two of the weakest OL next to each other cause that would go well. 

Parker is a swing tackle and that’s it. Moving Jackson back to LG makes zero sense. Yes he played it before but why move him when he’s already comfortable on the right side. 

Agreed. I think you go with good at guard and what side you feel most comfortable playing him at. Than put Gabe on the other side. 

Very nervous about signing a OL from New England but he was solid in SF and is one of the few young FAs on the market.  Plus I'm happy we're admitting that we screwed up with Kolton and Parker last year and needed to make a change for Carr to have success.

I still REALLY dont get how Brown fits into Cable's scheme.  The entire reason SF traded him was because he didnt fit into Shanahan's zone scheme and we run a similar blocking scheme to SF.

• Like 1

Just now, Chwf3rd25 said:

I still REALLY dont get how Brown fits into Cable's scheme.  The entire reason SF traded him was because he didnt fit into Shanahan's zone scheme and we run a similar blocking scheme to SF.

This is something I have thought about. Maybe Gruden is done with hearing about Cable's opinion and just telling him to work with the players he gets. 

The thing here is this guy was just above average in SF, went to NE and was a Top 5-10 T but had the best OL coach in the game. Now he comes to by far the worst OL coach in football. It’s a very real possibility he might be average. I definitely am hoping for the best though. 

The best offseason move even more than AB/Brown would be to fire Tom Cable IMO. Instantly gives us like two extra wins. 

17 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

This is something I have thought about. Maybe Gruden is done with hearing about Cable's opinion and just telling him to work with the players he gets. 

I mean that doesnt seem like a good idea when Cable is implementing our blocking schemes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The thing here is this guy was just above average in SF, went to NE and was a Top 5-10 T but had the best OL coach in the game. Now he comes to by far the worst OL coach in football. It’s a very real possibility he might be average. I definitely am hoping for the best though. 

The best offseason move even more than AB/Brown would be to fire Tom Cable IMO. Instantly gives us like two extra wins. 

People keep saying he' average or only slightly above average, but San Fran and NE fans are pointing out how good he really is. He's not perfect and has some concerns, but Tackles always get paid, especially ones who are 25 and versatile. 

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

People keep saying he' average or only slightly above average, but San Fran and NE fans are pointing out how good he really is. He's not perfect and has some concerns, but Tackles always get paid, especially ones who are 25 and versatile. 

Heard he’s a terrible fit for a ZBS (which we shouldn’t be running anyways).

Miller (Rookie out of place) - KO (Hurt) - Hudson (Beast) - Jackson (Out of place) - Parker (Rookie, Raw, Out of place)

$27 Million + Penn = $31.3 million

Brown (Best FA LT, Top 5-10 right now) - Jackson (Beast at LG)  - Hudson (Still a Beast) - Good (Solid, Great for $1.65 million) - Miller (Better fit, should have developed)

$37 million + Parker - Penn = $33.45

We only added $2.15 million from the year before and have drastically improved on paper.  I like the move.  I counted the #3 OT since it is a very important position also.  I know Penn was hurt but financially he was kept around so Parker could sit and be the #3 OT.  Now we just need to deal with Cable.

• Like 2

Hmmm. I can't remember who. But I suggested a while back we get a tackle and move Miller over. And someone on here said it was an unintelligent idea. That with us just drafting Miller to play LT it would never happen. Now who was that guy...anyone remember? Maybe my buddy BP? lol but really I know nothing about this cat other than he can't be worse than Parker.

1 minute ago, BigD1123 said:

Hmmm. I can't remember who. But I suggested a while back we get a tackle and move Miller over. And someone on here said it was an unintelligent idea. That with us just drafting Miller to play LT it would never happen. Now who was that guy...anyone remember? Maybe my buddy BP? lol but really I know nothing about this cat other than he can't be worse than Parker.

It wasn’t me, but to be fair we don’t know if it’s a smart move yet.  

2 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

I once said that the Raiders wouldn't draft an OT in this draft due to Miller and Parker. Could be me your talking about. I own it and glad Oakland went out and owned there mistake as well. 

• Like 1