Raiders sign LT/RT Trent Brown (4 years, $66 M)

RaidersAreOne

27 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I once said that the Raiders wouldn't draft an OT in this draft due to Miller and Parker. Could be me your talking about. I own it and glad Oakland went out and owned there mistake as well. 

I don't know about Brown. But for our o line to look this much better on paper for about 3 mil a yr more it seems like a good move. At least a step in the right direction.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, daineraider said:

It wasn’t me, but to be fair we don’t know if it’s a smart move yet.  

But it's definitely not impossible. And whoever it was said. That's just stupid there is no way they get another OT after drafting 2 early this yr. And I said unless they want to be better then you do what you have to do. I really can't remember who it was but I think it was BP. He and i usually are on the same page so when we aren't it kinda sticks out to me. But again I'm not 100 percent sure.

Edited by BigD1123
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

But it's definitely not impossible. And whoever it was said. That's just stupid there is no way they get another OT after drafting 2 early this yr. And I said unless they want to be better then you do what you have to do. I really can't remember who it was but I think it was BP. He and i usually are on the same page so when we aren't it kinda sticks out to me. But again I'm not 100 percent sure.

I was very adamant about not drafting another OT early this year. I said I'd prefer to bring in a veteran OT in free agency instead of investing in another project and hoping that he's better than what we already have.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chwf3rd25 said:

i still REALLY dont get how Brown fits into Cable's scheme.  The entire reason SF traded him was because he didnt fit into Shanahan's zone scheme and we run a similar blocking scheme to SF.

Hopefully, we make a scheme adjustment this year. Cable's OL's have ranked in the bottom 3 in pass protection in 3 of the last 4 seasons. 

1 minute ago, Nodisrespect said:

I like lineman especially the fat ones lol I hope he plays well.

They are better suited in a power scheme though. Big guys in a ZBS is dumb which is exactly what Cable is doing with all these monsters. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

At the moment I am pleasantly surprised how well Mayock seems to be doing. But more than anything I'm absolutely thrilled that we seem to still be giving the same cap saving contracts we gave when Reg was here. And honestly that is the main reason I didn't want him to leave. I hoped they would demote him or something lol.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

At the moment I am pleasantly surprised how well Mayock seems to be doing. But more than anything I'm absolutely thrilled that we seem to still be giving the same cap saving contracts we gave when Reg was here. And honestly that is the main reason I didn't want him to leave. I hoped they would demote him or something lol.

Completely agree. That was Reggie's strong suit and I was worried Gruden would be going crazy with contract structures. Looks like we have a good team in place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigD1123 said:

I like that for the first time in a long time it looks like the Raiders actually have a plan in place.

• Like 1