Raiders sign LT/RT Trent Brown (4 years, $66 M)

RaidersAreOne

19 minutes ago, Rolni said:

Basically a 2+1+1 year deal.

The guarantees are for 2019 and 2020, so it is a 2 year deal with 2 additional years where the team can really decide what to do. Bring him back or let him go without dead money...

Good to see that contracts are still being handled the same as what Reggie started.

10 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Interesting, I didn't know that.

Yeah Reggie and Del Rio really made some nice hires in the front office. Gruden has continued the trend with guys like Joe Harrington and Mark Arteaga.

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Article/Tennessee-Vols-football-Longtime-video-coordinator-Joe-Harrington-leaving-Vols-118720192/

https://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-raiders-jon-gruden-20180804-story.html

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

As I predicted with signing Trent Brown, there's a chance that Miller may go to guard. Here's NFL network discussing that possibility

How does this show that there's a chance? They're not on the coaching staff. This is just talk show speculation.

Edited by StocktonSav
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

How does this show that there's a chance? They're not on the coaching staff. This is just talk show speculation.

Everything is speculation now. Mayock wouldn't even say where Brown is playing at this year at the moment. My point was is that they were mentioning exactly what I said once we signed T Brown

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Kolton miller was joe thomas' highest graded left tackle last year coming out of college... Patience people.

Very much this. I’m not gonna write the kid off after one year. Yes we drafted him high but that’s not his fault. Bottom line is he’s on our team, let’s see what year two looks like. A full season/off season in an nfl system could do wonders for him. We didn’t do him any favors at all last year. He’s young and has the frame and potential to do more. Let’s hope he can realize it. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Very much this. I’m not gonna write the kid off after one year. Yes we drafted him high but that’s not his fault. Bottom line is he’s on our team, let’s see what year two looks like. A full season/off season in an nfl system could do wonders for him. We didn’t do him any favors at all last year. He’s young and has the frame and potential to do more. Let’s hope he can realize it. 

If he busts so be it. But I think he can be a player. We'll see.

Saw his interview lol he seems like a big kid who just won the lottery. Seems like he is all business on the field and learned a lot from the pats. Kinda worried about the weight but supposedly he played at 375 last year and balled out. He young and seems like he’s just starting to hit his stride at ot. Hopefully he doesn’t let the $ change him. Like he said he’s still a “7th round pick” 

• Like 1

Yeah after watching some interviews he seems like a really good hearted guy. Still young and maturing but really loves the game. 

Same can can be said for all of our signings honestly. Joyner, AB, Williams, and Brown all seem like guys who truly love the game of football. Exactly the type Mayock and Gruden said they were going to find and bring in. 

• Like 1