Raiders sign LT/RT Trent Brown (4 years, $66 M)

RaidersAreOne

• 2 months later...
29 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Is he seeing how brilliant cable is 🤦🏽‍♂️

I'm surprised this tweet hasn't blown up yet.  Who else could he be talking about?  He would be crazy to call out J. Gruden this early into his contract.  I'm sure he is talking about Cable.  If that's how the OL feels about Cable, J. Gruden should look into replacing him ASAP.

Wondered why this thread was suddenly active again, and was hoping it wasn't due to Brown picking up an injury. But this is nearly as bad. The season isn't even close to starting and we've got players subliminally calling out the coaches.

Which, of course, is a damning indictment of what we all knew already - Tom Cable is a total hack that needs to be fired into the sea.

Edited by Nightmare

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Wondered why this thread was suddenly active again, and was hoping it wasn't due to Brown picking up an injury. But this is nearly as bad. The season isn't even close to starting and we've got players subliminally calling out the coaches.

Which, of course, is a damning indictment of what we all knew already - Tom Cable is a total hack that needs to be fired into the sea.

Every year there has to be one obvious move that the FO or Coaches ignore that even casual fans know about.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Not surprised Cable is garbage and players know his lines have been garbage.

I am sure there are more than a few teams fan bases that can tell before the season even starts that certain players or coaches are going to hold the team back.

Cable or no Cable, hes the highest paid RT in NFL history and he better perform. 

I could see coaching derailing a young player like Miller, but Brown is (supposedly) an established player already who has played at a high level. 

Edited by SilverNBlackFan
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Cable or no Cable, hes the highest paid RT in NFL history and he better perform. 

I could see coaching derailing a young player like Miller, but Brown is (supposedly) an established player already who has played at a high level. 

This is true and if Cable is able to adapt his system to fit Brown's strengths he will.  Being the highest paid does not mean he can do everything.  Cable might be asking him to do things he knows he can not, maybe Brown sees that the strategy is crap, or maybe he is seeing Cable try to coach other players but not knowing what he is talking about.  That last one I have seen personally and have had to go talk to employees after my bosses tried to teach something.  Could be a lot of different things.  He could be taking a shot at an old coach and he thinks Cable is great.  Not likely but I do not know for sure.

• Like 1