Raiders sign LT/RT Trent Brown (4 years, $66 M)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, OG_C2X said:

Brown - Jackson - Hudson - Parker - Miller

Can Parker play RG. He has been living with Gabe Jackson all offseason. Maybe that was by design. 

Would rather play Good at OG or pick someone up in the 4th round this year. Continue to develop Parker behind Brown and Miller. 

1 minute ago, daineraider said:

I’m a bit concerned that the two guys we’ve brought in so far are the highest paid at their positions in the league.  We have a lot of holes to fill and depth to build.  Can’t do that if we spend all our cap space on a couple of guys.  We need to get some good value signings in now to make this a successful FA.

Cutting Donald Penn and trading Osemele freed up the space for us to be able to sign Brown.

• Like 7

Thats a ton of money, but hes a quality player thats still very young, and our OL was atrocious last season, especially on the edge. This offseason seems to be focused on giving Derek Carr a top tier supporting cast. You get him the best LT on the market, the best (or top 3 minimum) WR in the game still in his prime, and still have a ton of draft picks that can be used to build around. If Carr striggles you still have quality pieces that can be used to help a young guy develop. Trading Mack hurt but it has allpwed us the ability to build in the draft for the long term and open space for a couple of high caliber starters at positions of need. Time will tell if it works out but I like the approach. We still have an open window with Carr for the long haul dcs intruly believe that, and these moves can help us compete immediately, but we still have the furure flexibility to make us a contender long term regardless. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

Brown - Jackson - Hudson - Parker - Miller

Can Parker play RG. He has been living with Gabe Jackson all offseason. Maybe that was by design. 

Let’s play two of the weakest OL next to each other cause that would go well. 

Parker is a swing tackle and that’s it. Moving Jackson back to LG makes zero sense. Yes he played it before but why move him when he’s already comfortable on the right side. 

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

I like this boys. I was nervous at first but there's a lot of positives:

• Only 25
  • Premium position
  • Extremely versatile
  • Awesome in pass-pro
  • We can move Miller to RT, where he is  better suited

There is very few quality starting OT on the market this year. We had to strike fast to get the best one. Mayock said we wanted younger FA that would be with us in Vegas, glad to see we're sticking too that. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, daineraider said:

I’m a bit concerned that the two guys we’ve brought in so far are the highest paid at their positions in the league.  We have a lot of holes to fill and depth to build.  Can’t do that if we spend all our cap space on a couple of guys.  We need to get some good value signings in now to make this a successful FA.

I feel the same but I think there will be alot of guys out that fit that value bill that can help us. I'm looking at guys like Michael Johnson at DE.  I also think we have one more splash play in us in FA. I'm hoping for Jordon Hicks or Za'Darius Smith.

• Like 1