Few observations after Cincinnati

Marcus21

The slow starts are killing me.  It's like we don't start trying until late in the second quarter. 

I think Spaight will push for a starting role if he can stay healthy.  

Breeland had a hell of a game.

I like Holsey better then Dunbar.

AJ Francis will not last on the PS. 

Sudfield will never be an NFL QB. Don't waste a roster spot.

Good thoughts

our head coach scripted the first 15 plays. Throw those is the dunkin donut trashcan jay. Those sucked

our offensive starters and some of our defense feel no urgency. Not surprising as they pat Gruden butt on their way to spa Gruden practices and for their massages. No other NFL team has a softer practice but hey they all have fun and that's what's important right?

the reserves and rooks trying to make the team actually play hard. Look at NE, their starters play hard. Why is that?

boys lock in for a long season. Just think what it will look like if cousins gets injured because Trent is too busy eating carrots and tokin and scherff is playing like he is now that boy looked bad but as spurrier said " he ain't the worst" cause we have lava legs inexplicably still starting at guard. This year will start ugly and may end just as ugly. Can't wait to post season precictions cause Gruden gonna make me a lot of money this year. Boy do we sure miss DJAX. Kurt, get used to no windows and throwing into NFL coverage without a guy who draws a double team

The defense actually played well after the first touchdown they allowed . I saw pressure from The DL which made the bengals throw wuick

2-4 yard passes while the run D played well.

offense started slow but it gained momentium and started to open up more.

A couple things for me:

1. Agree in the slow starts, the missed assignments, missed blocks, bad passes & dropped passes. All a concern that must get better week 1 or it's a sure loss to the Eagles.

2. Rob Kelley is almost certain to be the starter.

3. Crazy to say this, but Lauvao looked much better this game. Is that the Roullier effect? I don't know, but solid run blocking, particularly when he blocked the RDT & LB on the goal line allowing Kelley to slide in for score.

4. I'd Roullier isn't our staring C this season I can love with it, but he looks like a natural and a for sure future starter. Long still hasn't not overly impressed me at either LG or C. I'm not sure Long earns a 2nd contract from the skins, at least not a big contract.

5. Derek Carrier should make the team over Sprinkle. Carrier continues to show that he's the best inline blocker the skins have and he's proven to be a valuable target when he's played. He's a solid redzone player.

6. Phil Taylor's injury worries me, I hope it's not serious. Hood just can't hold up as a starting NT. The minute he went to NT, Hood was blown several yards off the ball and the Cincy running game got on track. If Taylor is going to miss anytime, Francis or Mbu must make the team and we'll have to let one of the DEs go. Instead of Hood, I would have rather seen one of our free agent DL we picked up tried at NT just to see what they would have done.

7. Starting ILBs look to be set by Spaight is giving Foster a run for his $. If Spaight can stay healthy, he looks like a future starter for us, possibly next year.

8. Our entire secondary looks improved. Starting corners are set - although I'd like to see more out of Norman - Fuller still needs to improve his coverage against the slant from the nickle position.The young corners and safeties all look like they belong and the minute I crapped on Blackmon, he showed up and made several plays to keep the Bengals from scoring the game winning TD. It's pretty clear the skins need to keep 10 DBs, I'd say 11 based on how they've played but that's way too much and leaves them short in other areas.

9 hours ago, Marcus21 said:

The slow starts are killing me.  It's like we don't start trying until late in the second quarter. 

I think Spaight will push for a starting role if he can stay healthy.  

Breeland had a hell of a game.

I like Holsey better then Dunbar.

AJ Francis will not last on the PS. 

Sudfield will never be an NFL QB. Don't waste a roster spot.

We need a Woz ruling here, is Francis still eligible for the PS? I think he may be because he hasn't accrued and NFL season yet but he's been on practice squads for like 3 years running.

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I'm getting irritated with how little work they're giving Perine. 

Perine got plenty of work in weeks 1 & 2 of the preseason. In the 3rd preseason game they played the starters more. I'm sure he'll start the next game.

Archived