We talkin' 'bout practice facilities, man!

Klomp

I think a big part of it is in player acquisition. Not only finding talented players, but finding the right fits for the team. Since Spielman took over, the team seems to be getting better in this area. No, they aren't perfect, but it's working. I really think the TOA was a major issue with the team during that era. Nobody knew who was in charge.

When a new GM comes in, their first coaching hire sets the stage for that era. Spielman's first hire was Zimmer. I'd say he crushed it!

• 2 weeks later...

The Minnesota Vikings are turning off the lights at the team's new practice facility south of Minneapolis after neighbors complained about the glow.

The NFL team will turn off the lights on the north side of the building between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m., said Jeff Anderson, team spokesman. The shut-off time will be moved to about midnight when the team hosts night events such as high school games.

https://sports.yahoo.com/vikings-bow-neighbors-turn-off-lights-night-145258566--nfl.html?src=rss

16 hours ago, vike daddy said:

pretty sure that's photo shopped, when you see the overhead views of the complex.

It's not. I wish I had an updated Google street view to show you proof, but I pulled up on the map exactly where it would be, and I think it's legit. The streets on the Mendota Heights side of the Interstate (where the complaints are coming from) are at a higher elevation than 494 and the Eagan streets. That's why the signage is essentially on the same level.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i started watching that vid this morning, but PA was fawning and gushing so much i had to stop. and it's not like Wobby really ups the average there either...

Hey, I said he was a bit over the top.....

20 hours ago, vike daddy said:

i started watching that vid this morning, but PA was fawning and gushing so much i had to stop. and it's not like Wobby really ups the average there either...

Agreed. Can't stand either one.

Archived