49ers sign Kwon Alexander LB

49erurtaza

Just now, Forge said:

We damn sure better be willing to give Earl his 2/30

Great athlete in space that misses tackles....elite safety play that is the entire basis for the defense we run...I am having difficulty distinguishing the value.

Meh..you really only need to count the guarantee money but I have just never been a fan. And he can't stay healthy....very underwhelming signing. Money could have been spent elsewhere and there are several ILBs on the trading blocks that would have been much better fits IMO

Like which big free agent signing have we made the last three years that has worked out minus Sherman? Smith? Trash. Richburg? Played terrible, though was injured. Garcon? Dude played like 10 games in two years. SMH!

I get you have to overpay, that's not my issue. But we keep paying big bucks for players that just aren't good. Garcon was solid, so he is excluded but point still stands. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Like which big free agent signing have we made the last three years that has worked out minus Sherman? Smith? Trash. Richburg? Played terrible, though was injured. Garcon? Dude played like 10 games in two years. SMH!

I get you have to overpay, that's not my issue. But we keep paying big bucks for players that just aren't good. Garcon was solid, so he is excluded but point still stands. 

Preaching to the choir.  I love kwons upside, but this is a stupid contract. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Aaaaaaaaaand I get to remain hyped critical of how bad this team is at free agency....

I generally agree, BUT, let's wait to see the details because Paraag is a genius when it comes to structuring contracts. I'm really hoping they did some financial gymnastics with this contract because at face value? Oof..

Archived