49ers sign Kwon Alexander LB

49erurtaza

Just now, Forge said:

Preaching to the choir.  I love kwons upside, but this is a stupid contract. 

What upside? Being a playmaker at the will position? I guess, but getting Hicks for half the price would have been much better.

Like we KNOW Thomas is elite, Amos is pro bowl caliber etc, those are the players you are fine overpaying a bit for. Others that are just mediocre getting paid like this? Why? 

3 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Yeah I give Garcon a pass. He knew the system and yes we over paid.

I like Kwon but I guess I'd feel better about this if he wasn't coming off ACL injury.

I'd feel better if he didn't have the massive history of missed tackles. 

hard to be optimistic about this one but at least it fills that void next to Warner. Still with plenty of cap room to make moves/resign Buckner. 

I didn’t realize he’s only 24, so that’s a plus. And he doesn’t appear to have a habit of appearing on TMZ so overall it’s safe to say our LB situation already looks better than last year 

5 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

This a great follow on Twitter he breaks down niners contracts extremely well.

It might not be too bad if we can get out of it, or if he turns out to be great. But if he's healthy and average, it sucks big time.

Kwon Alexander - Mediocre LB and we made him the highest paid player at his position

Winston Richburg - Extremely mediocre last year in NY and we made him one of the highest paid centers.

Jerrick McKinnon - Never was the work horse and more of a complimentary back and we made him the 4th highest paid RB.

Then you have other bad signings, but can we please stop paying like crazy on players that haven't proven to be good recently? I mean McKinnon flashed and has a skill set that Shanny loves, but there is a bad trend happening with this front office. Overpay for good and proven players all you want, but why are doing this? 

Archived