49ers sign Kwon Alexander LB

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

he only missed 78 tackles because his team mates didn't help him :D

Someone posted that he was the heart and soul of his defense... I wondered if that was even a compliment. His defense sucked.

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

How about it is his fault when winston throws ints and/or picks 6s....

Oh, we can do that?! Can we blame Foster for Beathard's play? Do it! Can I blame Greg Mabin too!?

Man you guys are just crapping on this signing. I like the player for sure and I like the fact that he creates turnovers. He's got all the physical skills and is a young dude, his tackling will improve. I don't necessarily like the price tag, but if it's front loaded, who really cares? I'm sure we accounted for our need to resign DeFo and any additional guys we are planning on bringing in this offseason. As @struby3 mentioned in the FA thread, Maarthe is very good at making contracts look huge while giving us an easy out. 

1 minute ago, rudyZ said:

Mike Rumph?

For Rumph came from the land of milk and honey (and National Championships) and spent years in the desert. Dying one on one on the altar of the secondary's sins. Only to be be resurrected. As...ok. On a team that sometimes ate. It was better than sand. 

I’m curious how much input Shanny provided before this signing considering he had to gameplan against him when he was in Tampa. 

In fact Kwon won NFC Defensive player of the Week in 2015 after Tampa’s 23-20 win over ATL. Shannys recollection of that might have been key to this addition. 

1 minute ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I’m curious how much input Shanny provided before this signing considering he had to gameplan against him when he was in Tampa. 

In fact Kwon won NFC Defensive player of the Week in 2015 after Tampa’s 23-20 win over ATL. Shannys recollection of that might have been key to this addition. 

Make no mistake, Shanny is running this team. He tells Lynch who to go after and what to do. It was Shanny who essentially got Lynch this job. So yeah, he has a HUGE say in who we go after. 

Some of the worst draft picks in the Shanny/Lynch era have come because of Shanny. Need to put a stop to this....But you really can't so tough luck lol.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Make no mistake, Shanny is running this team. He tells Lynch who to go after and what to do. It was Shanny who essentially got Lynch this job. So yeah, he has a HUGE say in who we go after. 

Some of the worst draft picks in the Shanny/Lynch era have come because of Shanny. Need to put a stop to this....But you really can't so tough luck lol.

Where is this coming from? I don't know this for a fact, but I assume Lynch was big on his classmate Solomon Thomas and we all know he LOVED Rueben Foster. I would assume Shanny was responsible for Pettis. We also know that Shanny was responsible for Joe Williams though. Seems like a partnership to me, but maybe you have some information on this you could share?

Archived