49ers sign Kwon Alexander LB

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Where is this coming from? I don't know this for a fact, but I assume Lynch was big on his classmate Solomon Thomas and we all know he LOVED Rueben Foster. I would assume Shanny was responsible for Pettis. We also know that Shanny was responsible for Joe Williams though. Seems like a partnership to me, but maybe you have some information on this you could share?

You could probably say kittle was shanny as well.

Just now, Gore Whore 21 said:

Where is this coming from? I don't know this for a fact, but I assume Lynch was big on his classmate Solomon Thomas and we all know he LOVED Rueben Foster. I would assume Shanny was responsible for Pettis. We also know that Shanny was responsible for Joe Williams though. Seems like a partnership to me, but maybe you have some information on this you could share?

Who do you think was responsible for Williams? Who do you think was responsible for the trade up for Beathard? And Pettis was obviously Shanahan's pick, and he's going to be a good player but it is still questionable if the trade up was necessary. Really, was the trade up necessary for either Williams or Beathard? He ends up getting too paranoid it seems of his guy not being there when we pick and ends up always wanting to trade up.

Lynch and Shanny both loved Foster. Not pinning that one on either. And Foster was a supreme talent. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Who do you think was responsible for Williams? Who do you think was responsible for the trade up for Beathard? And Pettis was obviously Shanahan's pick, and he's going to be a good player but it is still questionable if the trade up was necessary. Really, was the trade up necessary for either Williams or Beathard? He ends up getting too paranoid it seems of his guy not being there when we pick and ends up always wanting to trade up.

Lynch and Shanny both loved Foster. Not pinning that one on either. And Foster was a supreme talent. 

I brought up Williams in my post. I'm not saying Shanny is immune to mistakes but I also don't think he's a dictator in our organization. I think we have a good team like atmosphere throughout our organization based on everything I've seen and read. 

8 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I brought up Williams in my post. I'm not saying Shanny is immune to mistakes but I also don't think he's a dictator in our organization. I think we have a good team like atmosphere throughout our organization based on everything I've seen and read. 

Sure, that doesn't make anything I said untrue. Him and Lynch seem to be working well together but all those unnecessary trade ups in the draft are on Shanahan. He will not rest until he gets his offensive player he is targeting. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sure, that doesn't make anything I said untrue. Him and Lynch seem to be working well together but all those unnecessary trade ups in the draft are on Shanahan. He will not rest until he gets his offensive player he is targeting. 

22 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Make no mistake, Shanny is running this team. He tells Lynch who to go after and what to do. It was Shanny who essentially got Lynch this job. So yeah, he has a HUGE say in who we go after. 

Some of the worst draft picks in the Shanny/Lynch era have come because of Shanny. Need to put a stop to this....But you really can't so tough luck lol.

The only point I was trying to make was that I felt the bolded statement was incorrect. I'm not sure where you are going with this, especially since Kwon Alexander is a defensive player. 

7 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

The only point I was trying to make was that I felt the bolded statement was incorrect. I'm not sure where you are going with this, especially since Kwon Alexander is a defensive player. 

Oh no, I stand by that point. This is Shanahan's show first and foremost. Again, we only got Lynch because that's who Shanahan wanted. Shanahan was the hot commodity two offseasons ago, NOT Lynch. 

Just watched some game film of his (and couple highlight reels) and it's hard not to get a little excited. The guy can for sure make some plays in the turnover game and is passionate player. Hope he can stay healthy and keep developing his game here. 

To: San Francisco 49ers
Contract: Four years, $54 million

Breakdown: This is a lot of money for a player who is insanely talented but does struggle at times (the 13.5 million now resets the top salary at the inside linebacker market, which is good news for the Bobby Wagners of the world). It’s clear the 49ers’ defense requires that all-over menace in the middle, and Alexander is your best option for keeping a similar base concept on the market. You can look at San Francisco’s cap space a little bit like funny money anyway since they do have to spend. They are going after core players, but Alexander is coming off a torn ACL and plays a very intense, all-over version of that middle linebacker slot. The bottom line: Alexander is the kind of player who can smash a tight end and knock him off his route—the kind of person who can stick with some of the bigger mismatch creators at the position, and still have a steady presence in the run game.

Grade: B-

Archived