Sign in to follow this  
flyguy1609

Lions close to deal with CB Justin Coleman

I honestly don't know much about this guy. $9M/year seems like quite a bit - can anyone shed some light on this?

Good signing. Never viewed him as a serious option because I figured the Seahawks would lock him up. He's going to lock down the slot. Lions likely moving towards more 3 corner sets, moving away from the 3 safety sets. They did that in the 2nd half of the season after trading for Damon Harrison, having another safety becomes less of a priority with his impact on the run. 

3 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

saw this on twitter

I saw that on the BR app as I was scrolling through the news. I still don't know much about the guy but it seems like @IDOG_det has some good insight on what this all means. Will have to check him out some more.

I've been busy scouting RB's.

Trey Flowers is allegedly ALSO signing with us... no word on the terms.

Holy jeeze - they are breaking out the piggie bank.

I mean, putting this much into a nickel corner seems like a wise, todays-league kind of move, but boy that's a lot of dough. I hope this guy can play #2 corner at least some of the time and be better than Tabor

1 hour ago, Superduperman said:

I mean, putting this much into a nickel corner seems like a wise, todays-league kind of move, but boy that's a lot of dough. I hope this guy can play #2 corner at least some of the time and be better than Tabor

He’s a good player. I’m surprised Seattle didn’t sign him. 

9 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

He’s a good player. I’m surprised Seattle didn’t sign him. 

They have a similar player making 7.5 million less per year. I see why they let them go.

7 hours ago, detroitlions72003 said:

They have a similar player making 7.5 million less per year. I see why they let them go.

I disagree.

16 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

I disagree.

about which part? They have a player who played just as well as Coleman who makes like 1.5 million. Im sure they would have liked to keep him but when they get similar product at 1/8th the cost why would they sign him?