Landon Collins to Washington

MikeT14

Just heard Landon Collins press conference. Without a doubt he will make our team better, he is a class act. It was so refreshing to hear an athlete speak and believe him, the dude spoke from his heart. That's what we need for our team. Win or lose he is going to give everything he has. He spoke with JP Finlay about Reuben Foster and being part of the support system for him, saying that some people need that. Simply Awesome. The story on the Sean Taylor jersey..... not going to lie choked me up a little 

#HTTR!

• Like 2

And for the love of god, will fans shut up about letting him wear 21? Nobody should wear it ever again. The nature in which Taylor passed away should dictate that and just his impact on the organization in such a short period of time should as well. He’s one of, it not the most beloved Redskin of all-time. Just retire the damn number already. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

And for the love of god, will fans shut up about letting him wear 21? Nobody should wear it ever again. The nature in which Taylor passed away should dictate that and just his impact on the organization in such a short period of time should as well. He’s one of, it not the most beloved Redskin of all-time. Just retire the damn number already. 

Have Collins buy #36 off Alex Carter. That number should be the one that given out to the ST fan as he wore it as a rookie. 21 should be left in it's "not retired, but not available" state a la 81, 44, and 28.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Have Collins buy #36 off Alex Carter. That number should be the one that given out to the ST fan as he wore it as a rookie. 21 should be left in it's "not retired, but not available" state a la 81, 44, and 28.

Actually I wouldn't make him buy it, Carter would be asked to pick another number. Collins would than be given #36.

21 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Actually I wouldn't make him buy it, Carter would be asked to pick another number. Collins would than be given #36.

Just one of those technicalities, since it belongs to Carter, he has to choose to give it up.

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

On an unrelated note. Which Redskin was it that "Sold" his jersey # and received the first 50% and then the guy didn't want to pay the remaining 50% because the player got cut?

Was it Swearinger who bought it from Su’a Cravens?  Then we traded Cravens?

11 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Just checked. It was Portis. He didn't want to pay the other half to Ohalete

http://www.espn.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2077548

Ahh, I remember that now. Ohalete was against even giving up his number if I remember. He wasn’t happy about any of it.

When Portis signed with the Redskins last year, he immediately honed in on No. 26, which he wore for two seasons with the Denver Broncos. However, the number already belonged to Ohalete, who didn't want to give it up. Protracted negotiations led to a contract signed by Portis, Ohalete and witness Brad Berlin, the Redskins equipment manager.

"The document is being drawn on June 4, 2004, to verify the agreement between Clinton Portis and Ifeanyi Ohalete for the sale of Ifeanyi's jersey number in exchange for monetary compensation," the contract said.

It called for Portis to pay Ohalete $40,000 in three installments -- $20,000 immediately, $10,000 by Week 8 of the NFL season and $10,000 by Christmas Day. Portis paid the $20,000 upfront and got his coveted No. 26. Ohalete switched to No. 30.

But then Ohalete was cut by the Redskins during training camp in August and was claimed off waivers by Arizona. Portis apparently felt Ohalete's departure voided the rest of the contract, so he didn't pay the final two installments.

"I think he's crazy," the AP quoted Portis as telling Sirius NFL Radio after the suit was filed in late December. "How could you request something when you got cut, but I would have had the number anyway. I think he's crazy, so I guess we'll be in court together."

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1