Landon Collins to Washington

MikeT14

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

I predict we'll be lamenting this deal in two years time and looking forward until after year three to cut the dead weight once most/all of the guarantees are gone.

I think it will be similar to how we feel about Norman's contract right now. Does that mean Norman was a bad signing? He never lived up to the money he was given (almost impossible to live up to) but I'd argue that he solidified one of our biggest needs for the past 3 years. I think Collins will be a good to very good player for us but ultimately not be worth the money he was given. I'd still rather overpay a huge contract for a good player like Collins and Norman than over pay a medium contract for a trash player like Shawn Lauvao and Stacy McGee.

• Like 4

I like the player, but just don’t get the direction this team wants to go. Interested to see the guarantees associated with this contract. Not gonna bash it just yet, but the reported $14M/yr is staggering.

We’re on the bullet train from #HTTR to #RollTide

Just now, A TRAIN 89 said:

I like the player, but just don’t get the direction this team wants to go. Interested to see the guarantees associated with this contract. Not gonna bash it just yet, but the reported $14M/yr is staggering.

We’re on the bullet train from #HTTR to #RollTide

Reported as $45M guaranteed

2 minutes ago, SeanTaylorsaPIMP said:

I think it will be similar to how we feel about Norman's contract right now. Does that mean Norman was a bad signing? He never lived up to the money he was given (almost impossible to live up to) but I'd argue that he solidified one of our biggest needs for the past 3 years. I think Collins will be a good to very good player for us but ultimately not be worth the money he was given. I'd still rather overpay a huge contract for a good player like Collins and Norman than over pay a medium contract for a trash player like Shawn Lauvao and Stacy McGee.

Norman plays a more important position though.

• Like 3

Just now, Dutch Redskins fan said:

Great player, cost a lot, but that's the only way free agents would choose us. 

Better question is: why get involved in free agency at all, especially for day one players, if you're more than a single player away from being competitive?

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Better question is: why get involved in free agency at all, especially for day one players, if you're more than a single player away from being competitive?

Good point.

If I would be running the team I would tank next year and get a very good qb in next years draft. Rather have one terrible year and a couple of good to great ones after that. But with the years the front office and hc have left on their contracts it won't happen. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Woz said:

To

1. Sell Tickets

2. Try to save your job

hes a very good box safety arguably the  easiest position on a team to fill so you don’t need to pay top dollar

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

This is a completely idiotic contract.  We're paying an in the box safety more money than some QBs in a year where there are a thousand Safetys available on the market.  

Welcome to the year when teams have close to $100m in space and must spend 90% of it. Guaranteed that there were players for him ramping up the price. And in our usual fashion we probably went overboard and went way far out in front of them to sign the guy

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Love Collins I’m happy but they paid too much but it isn’t my money!!! Just happy it wasn’t for a Haynesworth!!!

Ooo you done jinxed it now.  

Watch he refuses to play outside box in coverage and fails fitness test.

• Like 2