MikeT14

Landon Collins to Washington

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

No

Okay, cool!

Then we're done doing stupid things?

Just now, dll2000 said:

Ooo you done jinxed it now.  

Watch he refuses to play outside box in coverage and fails fitness test.

I said it because it had to be said because if it wasn’t said it would be that was🤪🤪🤪

16 minutes ago, Woz said:

Better question is: why get involved in free agency at all, especially for day one players, if you're more than a single player away from being competitive?

And we’ve been letting everyone we draft walk away so we will perpetually be more than one player away forever if we keep at this style of building. They had to do something. I don’t like that they paid this much but he’s 26 and one of the best at his position that we now don’t have to dedicate a draft choice too. The Redskins are a better team now. 

"... completely resetting the safety market. And think about it Rich, he's a box safety. He's not a free safety. These kinds of guys rarely get paid like this, and in fact this does set the bar."

6 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Okay, cool!

Then we're done doing stupid things?

They've kept Brice on as President, so obviously yes.

9 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

So why hasn't the position been filled until Collins became a FA? 

Too easy

kyle-schwarber-of-the-chicago-cubs-hits-

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

And we’ve been letting everyone we draft walk away so we will perpetually be more than one player away forever if we keep at this style of building. They had to do something. I don’t like that they paid this much but he’s 26 and one of the best at his position that we now don’t have to dedicate a draft choice too. The Redskins are a better team now. 

Because the price to keep them >> the value they offer to the team.

If you have a good-but-not-great edge rusher that you will have to sign for $12M AAV, or you can let someone else do that and give you a draft pick so you can go get the same guy on a rookie deal and four years younger, why wouldn't you do this?

This is how New England and Baltimore have been good for so long: they evaluate their players and decide if they're worth keeping or not.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

They've kept Brice on as President, so obviously yes.

Whew. I'm so glad we kept him on to right the ship. He's like a beacon of hope and stability in the seas of mediocrity. We're destined for a Lombardi for sure.

S/O to @Jeezy Fanatic (hope I'm doing it right)

Just now, Woz said:

Because the price to keep them >> the value they offer to the team.

If you have a good-but-not-great edge rusher that you will have to sign for $12M AAV, or you can let someone else do that and give you a draft pick so you can go get the same guy on a rookie deal and four years younger, why wouldn't you do this?

This is how New England and Baltimore have been good for so long: they evaluate their players and decide if they're worth keeping or not.

Bingo. They (especially NE) let guys go who are going to cost too much $$. Look at who they decided NOT to either tag or offer a contract to this offseaon.

He’s there to get Saquon and Zeke on the ground. Whatever he does in coverage is a plus. 

Forget Haynesworth.  Seriously I remember Deion Sanders, Bruce Smith, Mark Carrier, Jeff George and Adrian Murrell all in one year.  It's been like 19 years of mostly bad free agent signings.

I don't follow Redskins, but last really good one I remember was Wilbur Marshall who helped you win a Super Bowl.

For the record, I don’t really loathe it. He’s a good player. He’s a nice guy to have. Really like the player.

But good lord — he’s never once cracked an All-Pro team, and now we’ve locked him up to a QB contract. To play safety. The position at which every other team in the league is cutting costs as fast as they possibly can. 

That’s...bold. Let’s see if it pays off for them. 

Just now, e16bball said:

For the record, I don’t really loathe it. He’s a good player. He’s a nice guy to have. Really like the player.

But good lord — he’s never once cracked an All-Pro team, and now we’ve locked him up to a QB contract. To play safety. The position at which every other team in the league is cutting costs as fast as they possibly can. 

That’s...bold. Let’s see if it pays off for them. 

Same. For me it's just the $$ that is killing me right now. He better be worth every penny.

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Forget Haynesworth.  Seriously I remember Deion Sanders, Bruce Smith, Mark Carrier, Jeff George and Adrian Murrell all in one year.  It's been like 19 years of mostly bad free agent signings.

I don't follow Redskins, but last really good one I remember was Wilbur Marshall who helped you win a Super Bowl.

London Fletcher panned out for us quite well. I was wrong about signing him (*)

(*) One of my rare misses about FA signings/trades.