trey flowers signs with the lions

flyguy1609

5 minutes ago, MortexLion said:

Still gotta give the kid a chance...he is a lion and hees only 25 years old!

Oh hey, I'm happy they signed him, no doubt. Pats fans seem to love him. Just saying he wouldn't be the first guy to leave the Pats and never be as good as he was with them, if it turned out that way. Here's hoping we get five years of excellent play out of him.

Love this. 

My biggest criticism of Bob Quinn has been that he has been so conservative and has been unable to add true impact players to the roster. 

He is finally making some big splashes and adding some real talent. 

9 hours ago, Starless said:

There are very few players the Pats let walk that they end up regretting.

This is one I think they'll regret.

Part of the issue is that guys leave them to take the money and might not fit with the scheme. Flowers is only one year removed from having MP has his DC and calling plays.

7 hours ago, Lions017 said:

Love this. 

My biggest criticism of Bob Quinn has been that he has been so conservative and has been unable to add true impact players to the roster. 

He is finally making some big splashes and adding some real talent. 

I think he deserves credit for signing younger free agents and not over-paying for older players.  He brought in Devon Kenard and Romeo Okwara last year.  Rick Wagner and TJ Lang were pretty impactful (at least for one year).  They may not be superstars but we would have been much worse off without them.  As I recall, he also signed Marvin Jones when Calvin Johsnon retired.  

I think his preference is to build through the draft but he and Patricia are "on-the-clock".  If we can take a big step forward this year, he will probably get more "draft-focused".

3 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I think he deserves credit for signing younger free agents and not over-paying for older players.  He brought in Devon Kenard and Romeo Okwara last year.  Rick Wagner and TJ Lang were pretty impactful (at least for one year).  They may not be superstars but we would have been much worse off without them.  As I recall, he also signed Marvin Jones when Calvin Johsnon retired.  

I think his preference is to build through the draft but he and Patricia are "on-the-clock".  If we can take a big step forward this year, he will probably get more "draft-focused".

I agree with you on all of this. He's paying big money but I think it's a relatively safe bet. All of these guys have familiarity with the system and they've seen them have success in that system. The organization isn't projecting a talented player who might be able to do something based on their skill sets. The only guy who falls outside of this is J. James.

They also understand that they're on the heat seat and they don't have the time to build the team in the traditional "Patriots Way".. at least for now.

Archived