Bengals signing Bobby Hart 3 years 21 mil

49erurtaza

I have a feeling that he would have fetched a 2 year, 5 mil deal on the open market.  I'm not sure who they thought they were competing with, or why they had to name him the starter now (which they essentially did with this massive deal).

I had no problem with them bringing him back as the swing tackle, on a cheaper deal.  But this is just nuts.

I wonder how fast Hart drove to the facility to sign this deal?

1 minute ago, AlNFL19 said:

$7M and I've never heard of the guy. If the Bengals have so much extra money, I'll gladly take some off their hands.

I don't really care about the money other than the fact it basically names him the starter.  There's no reason to do that this early.  Sure, if they couldn't sign someone else or draft a suitable replacement.  But he shouldn't have been option A.

At least try to improve on the below average play from the right side last year.

10 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

If the Bengals have so much extra money, I'll gladly take some off their hands.

No joke! Sign me to a 2 year, $2mm contract. I'll try to play gunner on ST.

(In unrelated news, the Bengals set an all time record in PR TDs allowed, with 162...)

19 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

He was the worst Giants OL on a terrible OL in 2017 that was also such a bad locker room guy that he was cut the same day Dave Gettleman was hired as GM.

This is the worst signing I can remember. Wow.

Yep. The fact he was cut by a desperate Giants team should have been a clue he sucked. Then the Bengals actually got to see him play and confirm that fact. I thought Turner was drunk when he raved about Hart but apparently he was just sucking up to whomever made the decision to re-sign him.

Usually the Bengals wait 2 weeks until a player nobody else wants realizes he doesn't have a choice but to take their table scraps. Instead this year we pre-emptively overpaid.

Archived